“Best hotel in Costa Rica”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
Faribault, United States
“Best hotel in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I always stay at the Double Tree Carari in San Jose, it is the very best I have found, close to the airport and one of the few that make you feel like you are in Costa Rica. The rooms are clean, well taken care of and the food is great, not cheap but well worth the few dollars extra. You have everything you need right here. I will be back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Margie Aristy Director of Sales & Marketing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I only stay at the Doubletree Cariari while in Costa Rica. Great food and awesome staff....clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel is in a convenient location and close to the mall and other stores. It is my home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose . We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Good quite hotel for conference and congress. Cannot write more than this. The location is good to be near the airport but no to go to downtown San Jose, because of the heavy traffic all day. Since we were in a conference all three days inside the hotel, we could not go to downtown area to learn more about San Jose. but, I think you should compromise with quiteness and privacy of a conference. Is a nice country to visit. I have been before long time ago in San Jose, downtown area, but now the city looks like has expanded and the city is much bigger. The traffic problem is the same as in many urban areas of the world.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Took an hour and forty five minutes for airport pickup. Hotel is ten munutes from airport. Hotel management very disappointing. Probably will not stay here again. Food in Hotel was good. Honors privileges were not evident.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I am so sorry that our shuttle bus took a long time to pick you up. I can assure you that this is very rare to occur; however I can empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our shuttle crew. We make every effort to provide our guests with a speedy and efficient service and I truly apologize for any inconveniences you went through.

Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I hosted an event of 150 people at this hotel and most guests were very pleased with the instalations and accomodations. I thought the food was great and the staff from the restaurant/ housekeeping/ luggage helpers and some from the reception desk was superb. I stayed at this hotel 9 nights and i felt at home.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We appreciate the opportunity to host your group and, as always, appreciate your business. If there’s anything you need, let us know. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
San Juan, Costa Rica
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I haven't had much experience with Hotels in San Juan but I would say that this hotel was pretty good but not excellent. The food was relatively good and the room service staff very good. For a conference, which was what I was attending, they provided good solid service. It was close to the airport. There was a shuttle and a taxi (expensive-$23 1 way) if you wanted to go to town. The rooms (I had a double) were very large and the bathrooms nice. My view was pretty bad (garden view but looking at what looked like staff quarters). In all, an okay experience. I wouldn't really want to stay here on vacation- the pool was right in the middle of a courtyard where everyone, including restaurant eaters could see you and the ambiance is more conducive to a short business trip than anything else. I saw no kids around and it didn't seem very kid friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry you were unhappy with your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We appreciate hearing from you and wanted to let you know that we work continually to improve our falicities and services, and your comments will help us improve. If you travel again to our area, we hope we have the opportunity to show you our improvements. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Boulder, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

First of all I'll say that this is not a bad hotel at all. The problem is that its quality does not match the expectations you may have regarding its price. In such a high-standard place you'd expect everything to work smoothly, but that was not my case. My room had several leaks on the ceiling, and the sink dropped water on my feet every time I was washing my hands. Also, I had to wait more than one hour before checking in my room the first day because it was not ready on time. And that fact did not prevent the personal of the hotel from making me leave my room at noon on my last day, even when my conference (on the same hotel) was not over. This may be a good place if your looking for fancy things (the restaurant, the pool...), but if you want a good quality/price rate I'd recommend other options.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I understand that you encountered some maintenance issues in your room and that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again. Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 77 in San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hotel Presidente
Hotel Presidente
#5 of 77 in San Jose

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!