“Be Welcomed”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
Orlando, Florida
“Be Welcomed”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times a year for over 10 years. The staff treat you very well and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is fabulous. The exercise center keeps expanding, adding new equipment so that there is plenty for the guests, especially during peak usage.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our breakfast and fitness center to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose in the not too distant future. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Lawrenceville, GA
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property three different times in 2010. We loved it then, but it's even better now. The most significant improvement is the fitness center and the Executive Lounge. The fitness center has new equipment. and good climate control. The Executive Lounge now offers not only free water, juice, and soft drinks, but free beer, wine, and a few limited mixed drinks. The food selections are better than before for breakfast and in the evening. The breakfasts are really good and the hotel has it's own pastry chef. The staff is outstanding. especially Fernando, Olger, Esteban, and Diego. The pool attendant Nestor always does an outstanding job. If I owned a hotel, I would be blessed if half my staff were as hard a worker as Nestor is. This property is a great central location for taking tours around the country. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that Fernando, Olger, Esteban, Diego and Nestor were helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to San Jose area. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Billings,MT
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was on a tour in Costa Rica and we spent our first and last night at the Double Tree. Our room was `pool side' and was very nice. Coffee maker, hair dryer and wakeup calls were all nice to count on. The room was clean.

Most of our dining was buffet for the many people on the tour. The food was good and loved the omelet made right in front of me! The chef was concise and the presentation was very nice. Needless to say, the coffee was perfect!

Hot cookie at check in:)

Room Tip: My room was poolside and very quiet. Easy access to not only the pool, but to breakfast. No going...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
We’re happy you had a great stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. Come see us again soon – we’ve got a delicious chocolate chip cookie waiting for you! Safe travels. Margie Aristy Director of Sales & Marketing.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Changed to this as my last night of my trip to Costa Rica, big mistake , the much vaunted 'executive 'status was unable to be sampled . The receptionist suggested it was accessible from 7pm, not as it happened until 7 pm When I asked for directions I was told it was on the first floor when I got there I found it was closed at weekends ...it was Saturday !
The room it self smelt of damp , I was unable to make any coffee ....the packaged creamer was so old it had set into a hard unusable cake .No hairdrier ...don't they have women customers ? .
Ironic really I changed my hotel as the original one was out of town and not really great for a single woman traveller .Oh well I'll know better in future

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Margie_Aristy, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your concerns. Our management and staff appreciate and rely on our guests’ feedback to help us understand the areas which may need our immediate attention. We are fully aware that guests who stay at our hotel expect and deserve the very best accommodations and service we have to offer.

I appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us and we can assure you the specific matters you mentioned in your review will be addressed so that these same issues can be avoided in the future.

We sincerely hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the not too distant future and let us know if we have successfully improved upon our services.

Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
Leeds
Reviewed 20 November 2013

First impressions are mixed - yes, it's near the airport and yes, it's big BUT our room was below ground level (and it was an executive room!!) but it was dark and DAMP with a crudely repaired patch above the toilet. Pity because the staff are great, food is pretty good and the pool area is delightful but there was a huge queue (US "line") for some sort of Vitalife conference. So for the vacationer it is really adjusting to a conference/business hotel. It is next door to the Cariari Golf and Country Club which has a challenging course.

Room Tip: Demand a higher floor room and check it out. Don't settle for the dungeon.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.
Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
Faribault, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I always stay at the Double Tree Carari in San Jose, it is the very best I have found, close to the airport and one of the few that make you feel like you are in Costa Rica. The rooms are clean, well taken care of and the food is great, not cheap but well worth the few dollars extra. You have everything you need right here. I will be back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Margie Aristy Director of Sales & Marketing.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I only stay at the Doubletree Cariari while in Costa Rica. Great food and awesome staff....clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel is in a convenient location and close to the mall and other stores. It is my home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose . We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hotel Presidente
Hotel Presidente
#5 of 78 in San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!