Strange title, but it's true. I booked this hotel for the night before our flight out of Costa Rica, because it got good reviews and it offered free shuttle service to the airport. When I arrived and asked about setting up a time for the shuttle I was told it was not a 24 hr. shuttle (as advertised). We had an early flight in the morning and had to pay for a taxi.
Our room was on the executive floor so we went to the lounge where we were told there would be food, a welcome thought after a horrible 6 hr. drive to the hotel from Guanacaste. All the food was gone. Again, disappointing.
We headed to the restaurant and paid for a decent meal. The waitstaff was wonderful though, which helped to make up for all the disappointments.
The room was lovely, wish we could've had more time to enjoy it. But next time, i will book at the Hampton Inn right across from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm, rustic and luxurious, the DoubleTree Cariari by Hilton brings modern day opulence to Costa Rica's capital city. A heavenly urban retreat with spacious guestrooms, a sparkling swimming pool and great service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cariari By Hilton San Jose Hotel San Antonio De Belen
- Doubletree San Antonio De Belen
- San Jose Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen