“Wonderful place!”

Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel
Valrico, Florida
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for a night as we launched our two week vacation in Costa Rica. Cecelia and her family and staff are amazing, so friendly and accommodating that we felt as though we were staying with old friends, not at a hotel. The property is beautiful, located beside a very lovely golf course. The rooms are spotless, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was a delicious- do not miss the banana pancakes. I highly recommend this property and look forward to staying here the next time I travel to C.R..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Terrazasdegolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2014
Dear Angie:
I am sorry for my late response but better late than never......
To receive our visitors in a warm, friendly, generous way, is our compromise and our goal. We are pleased that you have shared our hospitality.
Hope to see you back again in the near future, and a compromise: "We will prepare banana pancakes for you!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cayce, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We only stayed one night in this lovely bed and Breakfast but I would gladly stay there again. It is close to a mall and some nice restaurants and sits on the side of a golf course. The host was very friendly, the breakfast was a combination of continental and a hot plate that was very fillingg and tasty.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are single rooms but there is a suite with a jacuzzi on a private deck.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Terragolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2014
We are so pleased to know that your stay at TERRAZAS DE GOLF was a relaxing one!
Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to write such a great review. With much appreciation!
Temple, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful find. From the moment that we arrived, Cecilia and her husband made us feel as if they were welcoming family or dear friends. The boutique hotel is beautifully furnished and the views are spectactular. We stayed two different nights and they even took us to a local restaurant and picked us up as well as taking us to and from the airport. It is an elegant and warm place to be. We feel as if we have made life long friends and would return to this perfect sanctuary.
Bill and Linda F
Chuck and Jonnie G.

Room Tip: Ask Cecilia for the suite that has a wonderful spa on the deck. All of the rooms are comfortable bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Linda and Jonnie:
Thank you so much for your review! We deeply appreciate all your kind words and especially for taking the time to document your TERRAZAS DE GOLF experience.
We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at TERRAZAS DE GOLF.
We enjoyed your friendship, too!!!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I led a yoga/writing retreat at Blue Osa in Puerto Jimenez and needed a place to stay for the night in San Jose. I am not sure how I stumbled upon it but am I ever glad that I did. From the moment I got picked up at the airport to the moment we were dropped back off. I felt overwhelmed with gratitude, as if I was staying at my grandparent's house or someone in my own family. IT was such a personal and beautiful experience that I will stay there every time and recommend it to everyone. Cecilia (the owner) is lovely and gracious and funny and makes you feel like you are mot only family, but royalty. Her husband was the one that shuttled us around (picked me up at airport with his grand daughter and drove us anywhere we needed.) All in all, it's a little magical kingdom with an amazing view of a gold course and a dreamy breeze. If you want a personal touch and to feel as if you are the most welcome guest in someone's beautiful home, then stay here. www.jenniferpastiloff.com. 5 stars and beyond!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer P
Terragolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you Jennifer for your stay at TERRAZAS DE GOLF.
Your visit allowed us to know the wonderful Yoga workshops and retreats you do around the world.
Your "little magical kingdom" is waiting for you.
We will be pleased to receive you again, as another member of our family.
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I loved this little place! After a long week of traveling, no AC and poor sleep, this place was a lovely respite!! I had emailed with the owner Cecilia frequently the weeks leading up to our trip and she was SO helpful and accommodating. She answered all of our questions, arranged connections with a local geologist (my daughter is getting her degree in geo), suggested sites to see and very sweet. We were disappointed that we didn't get to meet her as she was on vacation when we arrived but her sweet son Roberto was wonderful! He was very kind and accommodating as well. He helped us figure out how to get to the attractions we wanted to see, made recommendations and made our stay very comfortable. We had a delicious breakfast provided every morning of pinto and eggs, fruit and coffee. The cook was a very sweet woman. I liked that the location of this place wasn't in the busy part of Alajuela. We had driven through the city to get to Poas and Doka Estate and it's pretty hectic there. Terrazas felt very safe and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had the best nights sleep here. Thank you and we will stay again if we return to Costa Rica!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 and it was perfect!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Jaime and Ani for the nice expressions "sweet family".
Our family and the staff, we are all engaged with service and assistance to our customers.
It was a pleasure to give names of Costarican vulcanologist to Ani, and I hope she has had a nice experience after contacting them.
I didn't have the opportunity to meet you but our family were delighted with you.
I hope you will come back to TERRAZAS DE GOLF in the near future.
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel is perfect house! I felt in a family! Very friendly and kind owners! They met us at the airport and helped to rent the car. It was the amazing beginning of our travel and meet with Costa Rica!! We stayed in the romantic suite! And Cecilia presented pie. Breakfast was delicious! Cecilia thank you for presents!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna A
Terrazasdegolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you Anna for coming to Costa Rica from Ukraine for your honeymoon and letting us be part of this memorable moment.
When guests seek our services, begins our relationship with them. We wanted to share happiness with you and this is why we prepared your room with related love details. We enjoyed doing it.

We are pleased that you felt in family. We too!!!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you need a place to stay in San Jose, this is it! The owners were wonderful, they made us feel so at home and were so helpful. The room was beautiful and very clean. The breakfast was delicious! I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely return. We don't golf, but walked on the path of the course and it was very nice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Terrazasdegolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We are grateful Kristin for the concepts you have emitted during and after your stay at Terrazas de Golf.
We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and also, that you liked our typical breakfast.
We wish that guests feel at home and we are pleased to know that you felt the "warmth of a home".
The scenery from the golf course is a special one. We are glad that you enjoyed it.
Looking forward to see you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Caria...
#2 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,283 reviews
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#4 of 85 in San Jose
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,355 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,694 reviews
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport

Been to Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!