My husband and I stayed at this Ramada this first and last nights of our 16 day Costa Rican adventure. What a great find by our travel agent!
My husband had done two summers of biological field work in Costa Rica approximately 30 years ago, and had never stayed in what could be considered a tourist hotel, so was a little apprehensive of what he would find. But the hotel was great. Easy check in, cute and very clean room. We arrived late that night so the restaurant was closed and we instead ate in the bar. The server (sorry, I forgot his name) was very good, even though he was running the bar and dealing with drinks for the casino. My husband and I both had the typical Costa Rican dinner - salad, grilled cheese, black beans and rice, his with fish and mine with beef - very tasty. The next morning we experienced the best breakfast of the entire trip (including the breakfasts we had on the Windstar) - a lavish buffet that included gallo pinto, delicious and fresh fruit, some excellent organic jams with croissants and many many other options. All in a lovely open air setting near the pools. Check out was a snap and then it was off to our cruise.
After the cruise and then six nights at an excellent ecolodge (La Paloma) in the Osa peninsula, we stayed at the Ramada again the night before our departure from Costa Rica. This time our room was a bit more expensive but on the executive floor, with a room almost twice as large and a more luxurious bathroom, also free wifi in the room and free use of computers in the business center. After a 3 hour nap (those 6 days in the Osa were great but exhausting) we had lunch at the Tropicala restaurant and were very pleased with the food - I had the tortilla soup (delicious with hearty chunks of avocado) and the beef tenderloin sandwich (very tender with a perfect and garlicky chimichurri sauce). Really good. And the next morning we were again very happy with the breakfast buffet.
Honestly, I can't think of a better place to stay on arrival and pre-departure days - it is a 5-10
minute ride to/from the international airport, the service is great, the food was outstanding for a non-luxury hotel, the rooms were cute (even better the second time) and very clean, the pools were great, as were the drinks in the bar. The only real issue might be the location, as it is not close to
anything touristy, but no problems getting a taxi and free transport to
and from the airport. We recommend the Ramada Plaza Herradura very highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a prime location just minutes from Juan Santamaria International Airport, visitors to Costa Rica's capital city will find the Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel and Convention Center the ideal retreat, with a wealth of amenities, an idyllic setting and world-class service. With downtown San Jose just minutes away, adventurous leisure travelers will enjoy magnificent natural attractions including the Poas and Arenal volcanoes, rainforest trails and a host of splendid cultural attractions, while business travelers will appreciate the close proximity to a number of prominent business addresses and Free Zones, as well as the hotel's impressive International Conference Center, making this San Jose, Costa Rica hotel the perfect choice for all travelers. Those seeking recreation will revel in a host of activities, including three sparkling outdoor pools, a fully equipped fitness center and special privileges at the nearby prestigious Cariari Country Club and Golf Resort, with 18-holes of golf and tennis courts. Guests craving relaxation can unwind in one of five Jacuzzis, enjoy a relaxing massage in the full-service spa or a respite in the sauna, while fun-seekers will enjoy the non-stop gaming at the on-site Fiesta Casino. With three restaurants and a stylish bar offering a variety of cuisines, guests can savor a host of food and beverage options and enjoy a daily bountiful, complimentary breakfast buffet. Guests arriving into Juan Santamaria International Airport can hop aboard the convenient free shuttle service, and the 24-hour business center and complimentary Wi-Fi affords guests the opportunity to stay productive. With an on-site beauty salon, gift shop, child-care services and more, the hotel offers everything a guest could need to make their stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Each of the hotel's 230 over-sized, smoke-free guest rooms features contemporary styling, a unique fusion of warm and cool tones and thoughtful amenities like a flat panel TV, free Wi-Fi, plush bedding and ultra-modern air conditioning. Superior Rooms offer breathtaking views of the lush gardens, while guests upgrading to the Executive Level enjoy a 42-inch LCD TV, a private lounge, secretarial services and complimentary happy hour. All of the spacious, airy Suites feature a Jacuzzi and separate sitting area, while those wishing to indulge in ultimate pampering will delight in the Honeymoon Suite with its own private sauna or the two-bedroom Presidential Suite with full kitchen and dining room. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the state-of-the-art International Conference Center with over 28,320 square feet of meeting space. The event space ranges from an event room that accommodates up to 10 people, to the 12,800 square-foot Salon La Paz Ballroom that accommodates up to 840 people for a banquet or 110 10X10 foot exhibit booths. There is a Wyndham waiting 3 miles South from Juan Santamaria International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel San Jose Metro
- Ramada San Antonio De Belen
- Ramada San Jose
- San Jose Ramada
- Plaza Herradura San Jose Ramada
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen