I stayed here on a one week business trip. Overall my stay was ok. It's not the best hotel I've seen (I travel often for work) but it was fine for a good night sleep. Now for the good and the bad:
- Nice big and pretty swimming pool (there are two pools, make sure to check out the one next to the restaurant)
- Staff was very nice
- Room was clean
- There's a small casino in the hotel where you can play pool. I'm not into gambling but if you are, you have coin machines, blackjack, etc.
- There are four restaurants next to the hotel: a Hard Rock cafe in front of the hotel, an italian restaurant and a japanese restaurant right next door, and a steakhouse one block away. I only tried the italian and Hard Rock cafe (pretty expensive restaurants though)
- Breakfast was included (make sure you ask about this, I'm not sure if it's always included in every room's rate).
- Breakfast was ok. Lots of fresh fruit (papaya, pineapple, etc.).
- Free wi-fi
- Free unlimited calls to US (and I think also to Canada and Mexico but I'm not 100% sure). The call quality was excellent. You just need to dial *7500 and then the US number and that's it. This was great because wifi reception was very poor and I couldn't have a smooth conversation with my wife on Skype.
- It's 15 minutes away from the airport, but far from San Jose. Of course, this might be good or bad for you depending on where you're planning to visit.
- Wi-fi coverage/reception sucked big time!!! Reception in my room was bad. I stayed in the same room all week though, didn't feel like working at night, so I'm not sure if reception would be better in other parts of the hotel. Near the lobby, reception was a lot better. I also think their wifi got saturated from too many people connected, because at night it got very slow while early morning the speed was a lot better.
- Shower head was placed extremely low. This is a major pet peeve for me. I'm 5'9" (175cm) tall and I had the shower head right about my mouth. I can imagine some taller people will be a lot more annoyed than me.
- Place looks old and sometimes worned out. But like I said before, it's clean.
- The place is a maze, but of course you learn your way pretty fast.
- Food on their room service is expensive.
- Their laundry service is pretty expensive (e.g. $3.50 for socks and briefs/boxers). I've seen much better prices in other places I've traveled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a prime location just minutes from Juan Santamaria International Airport, visitors to Costa Rica's capital city will find the Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel and Convention Center the ideal retreat, with a wealth of amenities, an idyllic setting and world-class service. With downtown San Jose just minutes away, adventurous leisure travelers will enjoy magnificent natural attractions including the Poas and Arenal volcanoes, rainforest trails and a host of splendid cultural attractions, while business travelers will appreciate the close proximity to a number of prominent business addresses and Free Zones, as well as the hotel's impressive International Conference Center, making this San Jose, Costa Rica hotel the perfect choice for all travelers. Those seeking recreation will revel in a host of activities, including three sparkling outdoor pools, a fully equipped fitness center and special privileges at the nearby prestigious Cariari Country Club and Golf Resort, with 18-holes of golf and tennis courts. Guests craving relaxation can unwind in one of five Jacuzzis, enjoy a relaxing massage in the full-service spa or a respite in the sauna, while fun-seekers will enjoy the non-stop gaming at the on-site Fiesta Casino. With three restaurants and a stylish bar offering a variety of cuisines, guests can savor a host of food and beverage options and enjoy a daily bountiful, complimentary breakfast buffet. Guests arriving into Juan Santamaria International Airport can hop aboard the convenient free shuttle service, and the 24-hour business center and complimentary Wi-Fi affords guests the opportunity to stay productive. With an on-site beauty salon, gift shop, child-care services and more, the hotel offers everything a guest could need to make their stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Each of the hotel's 230 over-sized, smoke-free guest rooms features contemporary styling, a unique fusion of warm and cool tones and thoughtful amenities like a flat panel TV, free Wi-Fi, plush bedding and ultra-modern air conditioning. Superior Rooms offer breathtaking views of the lush gardens, while guests upgrading to the Executive Level enjoy a 42-inch LCD TV, a private lounge, secretarial services and complimentary happy hour. All of the spacious, airy Suites feature a Jacuzzi and separate sitting area, while those wishing to indulge in ultimate pampering will delight in the Honeymoon Suite with its own private sauna or the two-bedroom Presidential Suite with full kitchen and dining room. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the state-of-the-art International Conference Center with over 28,320 square feet of meeting space. The event space ranges from an event room that accommodates up to 10 people, to the 12,800 square-foot Salon La Paz Ballroom that accommodates up to 840 people for a banquet or 110 10X10 foot exhibit booths. There is a Wyndham waiting 3 miles South from Juan Santamaria International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel San Jose Metro
- Ramada San Antonio De Belen
- Ramada San Jose
- San Jose Ramada
- Plaza Herradura San Jose Ramada
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen