“Beyond Excellent!!!!”

Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Hebrew first
~~~
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights before heading out of San Jose. The lobby area is very nice, and includes a nice sports bar area and casino. There are 3 pools, one of which is large and resort-like with a little palm tree island and a waterfall down to a lower pool. Across the parking lot is the Hard Rock and across the highway are a bunch of places to eat. Rooms include a better than average buffet breakfast. That's the good.

The "just ok" are the rooms and the layout. The rooms are in need of upgrading. They are very basic and bland. The layout of the hotel makes it easy to get lost, and requires some walking if you are in one of the back rooms by the large pool.

The service was good, and overall I would recommend this place as long as you are paying less than $120 a night.

• Stayed March 2014
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here on two separate occasions ....at the beginning of our trip and end of our trip in Costa Rica. The first night we were placed on the main floor in what could possibly have been the loudest room and worst night I have ever experienced in my life in a hotel. The room smelled musty and as mentioned the noise was unbelievable. When we conveyed this to the staff, they assured us that on our return we would be placed in the tower and it would be a completely different experience... and so it was. The rooms were delightful and we slept like babies. We booked our rooms through Expedia and I'm not sure if the first room was in the "Expedia Hallway" or not but we certainly were happy with our subsequent room. The pool is great. Also very close to the airport and van service provided.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the tower!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
maximilianoruiz, Director Comercial at Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your message. It is unfortunate that you had a difficult situation on you first visit to our hotel. However, I am pleased that our staff listen to your comments and result the situation when you returned.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 rooms for my family of 9 for one night before a 7am flight back to the states. Rooms are typical wyndham quality I'm used to in the US. The hotel has 4 beautiful pools which provided a nice place to relax and let the kids play for the afternoon. Several restaurant options nearby, including an argentine churrasceria. We also chose this hotel based on proximity to the LDS temple (Mormon) which we visited, only a short cab ride. Airport shuttle was on time, 10-15 min ride to SJO, no issues on early morning departure. Hotel staff are friendly, professional, bilingual, with overall duplication of Wyndham quality in US. I'd stay here again for an SJO arrival or departure.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our hotel is up to the standards of any Wyndham hotel in the US. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Jamaica
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for a conference. I had a very good room though it seems that there are varying grades of rooms. Conference facilities were good. Internet good. My only complaint was the food. The breakfast was mediocre and repetitive. As was the food at the conference. There is a Japanese restaurant on site which is good - and there are other restaurants on site which I did not go to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We have received your message and apprecite your comments. I am surprised that you found the breakfast repetitive since it is a buffet, which offers quite a variety of different options. Each of the conference organisers are in charge of choosing the menus for each meal that was served. Perhaps, you could mention to those concerned the fact that you would prefer more alternatives.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I think looking at other reviews that the hotel has different blocks and that I was in the modern block, with a nice room overlooking the very pleasant and ttractive pool area. A colleague in the older block was not so happy. So insist on a room close to the restaurant/pool area.

The welcome (in English) was good, service friendly and efficient, room very nice (and clean and mould-free), restaurants reasonable though the food in the main restaurant was acceptable rather than good. Good Japanese restaurant. All hotels should offer free internet in rooms and throughout the hotel, one of my main concerns as I travel mainly for work, and this one does; well done – and shame on those hotels, including many big chains who still rip us off so disgracefully.

My room was joined to the next one by a door and I could hear my neighbour’s television. That would have disturbed me if I didn’t always travel with earplugs. Apart from that a good experience, lovely pool area, and at $115 I’d say good value. But it is near the airport; very convenient for me as I was working but 30 to 45 minutes from the centre not perfect for tourists I would imagine.

In one sentence: I enjoyed my stay and would go again.

Room Tip: This rating scale is unhelpful; I need a "good" rating between average and "very good...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel's infrastructure is good. I realized from reading several reviews that all rooms are not created equal! My room was small but adequate, clean sheets and towels, bur was in need of an upgrade. The grounds are beautiful
Colleagues of mine got a much bigger room with more amenities
The free breakfast is a plus, but don't get too excited! It's the SAME thing each day. More thought could go into choices. The choices of cheese and ham for example, are low quality

The plus is there is good strong wifi in the entire hotel and the conference facilities were good.
The staff was efficient and helpful

Overall the stay was pleasant

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

It was good to receive your message and the comments therein. Our hotel offers several different rooms categories, therefore I am unable to comment on the differences you noticed between your room and that of your colleagues, because i am not aware of the reservations which were made.

I will definite talk to the food and beverage manager althogh, I know that he makes every effort to maintain the quality and variety offered at our breakfast buffets.

Sould you have another opportunity to visit Costa Rica we shall look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Caria...
#2 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 78 in San Jose
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu

Been to Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!