“Great business hotel”

Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The location is close to airport but a little distance to the business district of San Jose. Great service, good breakfast, and good wifi, close to restuarants and shopping, only draw back is you can only take their private taxi service which is a bit pricy, the local cabs are not easily accessible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

maximilianoruiz, Director Comercial at Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your letter. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, excellent service from our staff and our numerous amenities.

We hope we will see you again soon.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Hebrew first
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I spent my last day in Costa Rica at The Wyndham SJ Herradura, and I must say, I am very happy I did. The hotel has everything you need. Its a beautifully landscaped property, and very well maintained.

I was only at the hotel for one day, as I'd spent most of my time in Manuel Antonio, but wanted to be near the airport for my early flight. However, in my one day at the property, I tried to cram in everything the hotel had to offer! There are 3 pools, and one has a swim up bar--Because my room was situated right by the pool area, I spent most of my time there! I enjoyed a relaxing manicure and pedicure at the spa, ate twice a Restaurant Quattro (great pasta and sangria) and later enjoyed the game with a few others in the lounge near the casino because at the time Costa Rica was playing in the World Cup, so the entire city was cheering!
The next morning, before I left, I enjoyed a beautiful spread of breakfast! It was delicious and filling. This was a solo trip, but will return with my husband in the future!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,

It was very nice to receive your very positive note about your stay at our hotel. Thank you for being so complimentary about our installations, our staff and our meals.

We hoep you will retur with your husband soon.

Best regards,
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel five separate times, usually the first or last night of our Costa Rican adventures. The first three times we stayed it was still a Ramada, and the last two times we stayed under its new mantle as a Wyndham.

There are many positives to this hotel (and they are heavily detailed in my 2012 review) - the deluxe and executive rooms are spacious, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and competent, the wireless is free (and at least when we stayed there, so were calls to the US), and there is a free shuttle to and from the airport. The breakfast buffet in the Tropicala restaurant is great and I believe included in most if not all stays. Lots of fresh fruit, gallo pinto, great pastries, etc.

Our only recent disappointment with the hotel has been in the dining department (aside from the breakfast buffet). While a Ramada, there was a small bar near the reception desk in which we were able to order Casado - wonderful and affordable plates with a meat (beef, chicken, fish), black beans, rice, cheese, tortillas, and plantains. With every stay my husband would order the fish casado and I would have the beef - wonderfully authentic Costa Rican fare to begin and end our adventure. The first trip back in December of 2011, I was so exhausted from our two weeks in the field that all I could stand to have for dinner that last night was a wonderful bowl full of fresh watermelon, which the bar happily served me. It was perfect. Since becoming a Wyndham, the restaurants have been redone and the bar no longer offers casado (and in fact, the bar was not open at all on our last visit); instead Tropicala has a new menu that is just not that appealing to us - ribs? ham and cheese sandwich? Where is the Costa Rican fare? There is also a new Hard Rock Café (yikes), and the pre-existing Italian and Japanese restaurants, but we are quite disappointed that it is no longer possible to easily obtain a truly Costa Rican meal at this hotel.

Overall we still recommend this hotel. But what had been a solid "4" in my 2012 review is trending toward a “3” with the lack of local dining options and more affordable fare.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your message. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologies that you could not find "casado" on our menu. However, I belive that if you had mentioned your interest in the plate, the waiter would have been able to speak to the chef and he would have prepared one for you.

We trust that you will visit us again on your next trip.

Regards,
COMO
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Good and rich breakfast, staff courteous and nice .Beautiful hotel and beautiful and large areas to relax . Not too expensive at this time. Nice clean pools. Beautiful room with jacuzzi !!! Very nice waiters in the restaurant breakfast. . .

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ELMA82COMO
maximilianoruiz, Director Comercial at Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely message. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your positive comments about: the room; the interior design; staff; etc. were greatly appreciated.

I hope that when you have another opportunity to visit Costa Rica, we will again have the pleasure to serve you.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Warmest regards,
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely stunning! I attended this hotel twice during my trip, once at the beginning and once at the end. I found that every hotel after this hotel didn't meet the same standards, and I couldn't wait until the end of the trip so that I could return!

The first room I stayed in was a step above an average hotel room as far as layout goes! Ground level room. Standard two queen beds (for four guests) and a TV and dresser in front of them. Our room also included a closet equipped with a safe, ironing board, and mirror. The bathroom is what set the room above others! Right away it is more sophisticated with a double door entrance. The toilet is in a separate small room within the bathroom for further privacy. The counter space is fairly good and the hotel supplies a number of travel hotel products for guest use! Very convenient! The shower was also a bathroom highlight! The water pressure was AMAZING, which is usually a big deal for me. Another big deal, there was so much space/shelve room to put my shampoo and other products! The shower also doubled as a spacious jacuzzi tub!

The second room we stayed in was QUITE A BIT nicer than the first. Third floor room I believe. Also the standard two queen beds for four people and a TV with dresser. This room however, had a desk and chair. What made this room about a million times better than the first was the bathroom! Maybe this is a big deal for me because I'm a girl, but this bathroom was HUGE! Two of the walls of the bathroom were completely lined with HUGE mirrors and extremely long shelves to set makeup and other products on! AMAZING! The shower pressure was again amazing, but no jacuzzi tub for this room. Again, SO much space in the shower to set products. This room also included a wardrobe style closet!

The Tropicala Restaurant is a hotel buffet style restaurant. HOLY COW is the food and service amazing! There is so much variety and no going wrong! The only downside is that if you arrive at the wrong time, seating may be tricky!

THE POOL IS JUST WOWWWW! The outdoor pool I am referring to! So beautiful! Lots of space and a swim up bar. There are lounging chairs around the pool and the scenery is lovely. There is an opossum that tends to wander around the pool, but no worries, he steers clear of contact with humans! Very cute!

Small comments:
-O MY GOSH the beds are the most comfortable things that ever have existed! More comfortable than my bed at home!
-Beautiful scenery everywhere!
-Only a short walk over a bridge to a local supermarket, MegaSuper.
-Elevators for travel to upper rooms
-Bellboys!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
maximilianoruiz, Director Comercial at Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was a real pleasure to receive your glowing account of your stays at our hotel. We are very glad that you were so happy with your rooms, bathrooms, pools, restaurants, service, etc.

We hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Caria...
#2 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 76 in San Jose
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Barcelo San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
#12 of 76 in San Jose

Been to Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!