Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$107
Country Inn
City Express San Jose Costa Rica(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
US$78
US$75
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
Priceline
1,944 results
All reviewscoffee plantationdriving rangebeautiful hotelthe executive loungecosta ricasan joseclose to the airportperuvian restaurantla isabelabeautiful groundsgift shoptennis courtssports barhacienda stylegolf coursemain restaurantindustrial area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My second trip to San Jose & first time to the Marriott. I must say, its beautiful...From the coffee beans they grow to the views of the volcanos...Feels like a top notch resort. I did do the executive lounge & that was great. The food they offer is very good. This will be my hotel of choice for my travels to San Jose

Room Tip: Choose the executive lounge access
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
César S, Gerente at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Juan:

We are always happy to hear praise as you have given us. We are constantly working toward perfection and hope you will enjoy your next stay even more.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for a week, mixing pleasure and a conference. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. The staff was delightful and made us feel like family. Our room was very nice and the view from the balcony where we ate our delicious hot breakfast was awe inspiring. The hotel is a resort with a walking trail, putting greens, driving range, pools, and spa. If you go be sure and try the Arenal in the coffee shop.

At first we were concerned because the hotel was not close to other restaurants. After visiting downtown San Jose we changed our minds and felt this setting was so peaceful that the inconvenience of taking a cab to town was well worth it.

Room Tip: If you like views get one on the back of the hotel with a view of the mountains. Also, there are rooms at pool level which have a nice patio and easy access to the pool. The entire hotel is very quiet so there is no concern about traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cherry:

We are always delighted to know that some of our guests stay for several nights and have the chance to appreciate the immediate surrounding area. We are happy that you use taxies, as they are relatively inexpensive for short rides in Costa Rica. And there many elegant restaurants that are close to our hotel.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for a few nights for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. To start, this is a beautiful hotel, surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds. It's big too. It holds two restaurants - one with a nice balcony, a cafe, a gift shop, a golf driving range, a tennis court, a gym, a basketball court, and a bar. You can also rent a car and book tours on site. The staff are professional and during my stay all spoke English well.

I stayed in a room with two queen size beds. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean, and looked out onto a grassy hillside. Other rooms have better views - perhaps you should request one if this is important. Also, the rooms on the ground floor have a small patio with a table. A few reviews here mentioned that because the floors of the hotel are tiled, rolling suitcases tend to make a lot of noise. This is true - I heard a suitcase or two rolling down the hall while in my room, but I never heard them at night and always slept soundly. I had free wifi during my stay, though I am not certain whether this was part of the package offered for conference attendees or a normal hotel offering.

If you are renting a car, the location of the hotel is good. You'll be able to drive to San Jose easily and the airport is only about a 10 minute drive away. If you don't have a car, this hotel can be pretty isolating. The closest restaurant outside of this hotel is about a 15 minute walk down the road and there aren't many stores nearby, though there is a convenience store about a 7 minute walk down the road. The restaurants are pretty good - I especially enjoyed the buffet breakfast at the hotel - but overpriced. In spite of this, I'd recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a small patio area with a table. Some rooms have better views than others.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeMizoSoup

Dear Joe:

We are happy to receive your comments if you find the tile floors keep you awake, you will be happy to know that we are working to make the floors in the corridors smoother and without noise from luggage.

Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed one night at this beautiful hotel. The hotel is beautiful. I loved the Zuguan entry into the courtyard. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was by far the best one I slept in in Costa Rica. The staff was friendly. There was a high charge for internet and buffet breakfast. Over all a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Use the free wifi in the lobby and skip the high cost of internet in your room. You can buy pastries in the little cafe located in the gift shop for a more affordable breakfast the next morning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Krestita:

We appreciate your kind remarks, and hope that on your next stay you spent more time with us and explore the many beautiful and fascinating areas close to our hotel.

We will pass along your comments regarding internet charges.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is fine & probably better than some in San Jose (and very convenient for the airport) but the list prices are WAY overpriced. Room was fine, but nothing great. Pool was not great. The executive level VIP lounge had mediocre food. You have to call room service for ice. Overall it was definitely fine, but not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
César S, Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

It is an honor for us to be considered by our guests the best option to stay in San José.

Our hotel is near to the airport, near to the city, away from crowd and surrounded by nature. The best option to enjoy a resort near the city.

We pay special attention to the details that can make of your stay a memorable experience.

Part of our sucess is the importance we give to our client's feedback and for that reason we thank you for taking your time to do share your comments.

We are looking forward to have you back very soon, to exceed your expectations and provide you with the service of excellence that features our brand.

On your next visit I would like to take care of you personally and have the opportunity to make of your stay an unforgetable one.