“Perfectly fine for a quick overnight”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here after our flight from the states before driving to Quepos. Rooms were big! Nice looking pool. Near some restaurants but most closed early (10pm). Free breakfast. Delicious pineapple and friendly service. A good basic place and a good value.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BarefootBuddies

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here upon our arrival & departure in CR. Close to airport. The hotel is just off the Pan American Hwy that leads into San Jose. Walking distance is a bus stop, hop on this and with in 20 mins you are in central San Jose and it only cost you about $1. The staff was incredibly nice and attentive-when I advised an employee of an allergic reaction (not anaphylaxis) I was having she promptly recommended calling a medic (she advised the pharmacy would probably be no help) and 10-15 minutes later I was being treated by english speaking medics and being administered medication to treat my condition- the best part is that the hotel covered the bill. I did not expect such service! We only stayed a total of two nights, but if I ever find myself in San Jose I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dicookie
Reviewed 23 November 2013

All the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the reception staff spoke excellent English. Conveniently located for the airport and Heredia; reasonable bus service to San Jose, if you know your way around. Free use of internet. Limited English-language TV channels (no BBC).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank blackwhippet
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The staff is super friendly and the suite was very nice. Thought breakfast was okay until I stayed at other hotels.

Left GPS on desk right before checkout. Had breakfast, went back to room and it was stolen. Manager checked cameras in corridor said he didn't see anything. Maid was in the next room over when we had left.

Good thing the maid didn't find our cash hidden under the nightstand for three days. I would've given them a positive review otherwise.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Rodddawg
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay in regards to the missing item left at the front desk. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

It's a nice hotel close to the airport and near the highway. The help of the personel in the hotel was very good and friendly.They offer also a babybed and babychair in the hotel. The breakfast and dinner were vere nice and good quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Martijn D
RD_GuestService, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Martijn D

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Mr(s) Martijn. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Maurico Luna
Revenue Manager
(506) 22392272
mluna@countryinns.co.cr

Reviewed 21 October 2013

On my last business trip, I found that the designated 'executive' hotel was overbooked so I had to find another place to stay. I looked for near-by hotels and found Country Inns & Suites. No one had recommended it, yet I decided to give it a try none the less. Finally upon arrival, I was greeted kindly and right away. I was told by the reception desk that there would be breakfast included with my stay and free WiFi internet. I was then lead to my room which to my surprise was quite spacious and comfortable! Large King size bed, walk in closet, bathroom and a living room area with mini bar and microwave oven. Not to mention the large balcony overlooking the pool! The room was clean and in top shape. I asked for a wake up call which was promptly made the following morning. I stayed for one night, but I would have gladly stayed for my entire visit. Close to the airport and costing half of what those tiny four-wall executive hotels costs, I would be quite happy to stay at the Country Inns & Suites on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony and a pool view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Christian R
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a night on our way back home from a yoga retreat. We called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up, very courteous driver. Checking in was pleasant and they were very helpful. We had a two bedroom suite, pleasant surprise even though we paid less than $80 for the night. You can walk to the small shopping center next door and find a huge selection of foods from around the world and amazing locally grown chocolate. Beds were comfortable and we had some good sleep, bathrooms could use some updating but overall it was clean. We had breakfast at the hotel, a good selection of food and the staff was super nice, they always made sure my coffee mug was full which I really appreciate being a coffee lover. The shuttle back to the airport that morning was punctual and check out was easy. I couldn't ask anything else from an airport hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank aljebedi
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Caria...
#2 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
City Express San Jose Costa Rica
#3 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel...
#6 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica

Address: Sobre Autopista General Canas | Ciudad Cariari, San Antonio De Belen 40701, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Heredia > San Antonio De Belen
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in San Antonio De Belen
Price Range: £52 - £78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica 3.5*
Relax and enjoy at San Jose Hotel's location in Costa Rica. An inviting atmosphere, quality services and a convenient location near San Jose International Airport makes the Country Inn & Suites the perfect place for San Jose visitors to land. This hotel's location in Costa Rica offers thoughtful amenities designed to encourage rest and relaxation with two swimming pools, an on-site Fitness Center, an on-site restaurant and spacious guest rooms featuring attractive decor and home comforts. The Country Inn & Suites San Jose, Costa Rica hotel is perfect for business travelers, families or newlyweds as its conveniently located near downtown San Jose and major attractions like INBioparque, Volcano Poas and the Cafe Britt coffee plantation. Book online today and discover why this San Jose hotel's location in Costa Rica makes a great relaxation destination. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites San Jose Hotel San Antonio De Belen
Country Inn And Suites San Jose
San Jose Country Inn
Country Inn San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica San Antonio De Belen