Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We checked in wanting a place to stay , pre-flight while using my friend's points. It is more than adequate. She'd booked a suite, and although we were tired, we were given keys to a room with one king. That was corrected quickly. Apparently, there's lots of updating and construction going on, and I can tolerate that. My bathroom, for instance, had clearly been another kind of room. There was no place to put soap or "stuff" when taking a shower. Again, not a huge deal. Breakfast was ample and good with a nice view of the pool area and attentive staff. The one staff member I encountered could not convey to me the price of a postage stamp, and the amount I needed seemed to change. She had a chance to be pleasant; she was not particulalry helpful with a post card I really wanted to send from CR. There may have been a language barrier; my Spanish is not outstanding; her English is not much better. Overall, it filled the bill and our needs in spite of a few minor glitches.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank llfussell
RD_GuestService, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear llfussell,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us about an inaccuracy on your room bill and other situations. We understand the inconveniences this can cause. We apologize for the difficulties you encountered, but are happy to see the situation has been resolved. If you need further assistance, please contact the hotel directly Mr. Miguel Romano, Operations Manager.

Best Regards,
Mauricio Luna

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Strange experience staying at this place. The way to get to the rooms is to walk though this weird hallway with steps taking you up to your room. Once you get into the room it's good for families: there's a loft upstairs and a private bedroom downstairs, and a living area with TV. I will say the breakfast here was really great but the place felt abandoned and strange for some reason.

Room Tip: The upstairs loft is noisy because the main highway is right outside the hotel. Put the kids upstai...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sommgirl

Dear Sommgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Sommgirl. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Best Regards,
Mauricio Luna

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Finishing up second stay here, very pleased with the room and the service. The staff was welcoming and treated us very well, when was the last time they ran out into the parking lot with an umbrella to help you from your car in the rain? We stayed 4 nights total, got a really nice two story suite. Very close to the main highway from the airport into town, not their fault the bizarre road system makes the exit strange, get excellent driving directions from the front desk clerk.
Pretty quiet and tranquil, nice breakfast with fresh fruit, same each day but still good. Fridge and microwave in the room. The pool and kiddie pool very nice, we also tried the nice small exercise room and even the sauna.

Near the new Hard Rock Cafe Costa RIca. Open WIFI almost always working well, the in room safes were a nice touch also.

The Fresh Mart a block away is an easy walk to pickup a few things or snacks.

Could have a couple of tiny nitpicks (washcloths?)

Really a good stress free stay when entering or leaving CR.

Room Tip: Upgraded two story suite was a treat!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WallyFL
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We are just finishing up a 1 night stay here. We are on our way to Arenal area..this hotel is very nice for a couple of nights. Its literally only about 10 mins from the airport and has alot of very nice restaurants and a lovely little supermarket just a few mins walk away. We went to a great little restaurant called Times bar and grill and got some great Costa Rican food.
We didnt make it into San Jose but from previous reviews I think its very close by bus. This area is a nice quiet area except for the busy road across from the hotel We could hear the cars a little from our room but its nothing that would keep you awake.
All of the hotel workers were very nice and courteous. I had an issue with one of my hotel reservations and they were nice and called for me.
The hotel was very quiet while we were here.. we only saw about 2 other quests..for us this is fine.
The pool area is beautiful although it poured for most of our evening here so we couldnt use the pool much to our dismay. The restaurant is right by the pool..we had our first beer of the trip there yesterday and it was very nice.
They have a very nice buffet breakfast with lots of fresh fruit.
Our room was very nice..it was a 2 bedroom suite with one of the rooms in a loft. Perfect for a family. We had a great view of the pool area and the mountains beyond.
My only negative comments are the towels were very hard and rough and the bed very soft. My husband has back problems and woke up alot through the night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 26 April 2014

On the outskirts of town close to the airport - stayed here for 1st & last night of 2 week trip.
Got a much better room 2nd time round (room on 2nd floor better as brighter & quieter).
Rooms are clean & comfortable.
Breakfast usual boring stuff but plenty of fresh fruit

Room Tip: Second floor brighter & quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doofer
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was staying here for a few nights before I flew back to the states. The property and my room was clean and I found the bed quite comfortable. There was one afternoon where I had no hot water for a shower, but later in the evening the hot water worked again. I found the breakfast to be pretty good. I especially loved the fresh fruit, which tasted really good as one should expect in Costa Rica. The high speed wireless internet was actually pretty fast and didn't require a password or a special login page, so it made it easy to connect my devices. The hotel was also pretty centrally located, making it easy to get to San Jose, the airport, or Heredia.

Room Tip: I didn't ask for a specific room, but mine ended up being away from the highway and was pretty q...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HereOnTheHill
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed 1 night here in early March 2014. Honestly my expectations were pretty low. While this hotel isn't in the same category as some if higher-end neighbors, we found it to be a clean, comfortable, good sized room for our first night in Costa Rica. They staff was friendly. The food was ok (unmemorable actually). I wouldn't recommend this as a "destination" as a stop over hotel it is a smooth transition to or from Costa Rica.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AussiesMum
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Caria...
#2 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
City Express San Jose Costa Rica
City Express San Jose Costa Rica
#3 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica

Address: Sobre Autopista General Canas | Ciudad Cariari, San Antonio De Belen 40701, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Heredia > San Antonio De Belen
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in San Antonio De Belen
Price Range: £54 - £81 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica 3.5*
Relax and enjoy at San Jose Hotel's location in Costa Rica. An inviting atmosphere, quality services and a convenient location near San Jose International Airport makes the Country Inn & Suites the perfect place for San Jose visitors to land. This hotel's location in Costa Rica offers thoughtful amenities designed to encourage rest and relaxation with two swimming pools, an on-site Fitness Center, an on-site restaurant and spacious guest rooms featuring attractive decor and home comforts. The Country Inn & Suites San Jose, Costa Rica hotel is perfect for business travelers, families or newlyweds as its conveniently located near downtown San Jose and major attractions like INBioparque, Volcano Poas and the Cafe Britt coffee plantation. Book online today and discover why this San Jose hotel's location in Costa Rica makes a great relaxation destination. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites San Jose Hotel San Antonio De Belen
Country Inn And Suites San Jose
San Jose Country Inn
Country Inn San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica San Antonio De Belen