Two evenings in the jungle were delightful. Our birding tour had just begun and I was enjoying all the new sights and sounds. I loved the walkways from our room to the main lodge. Our room was simple, clean with portraits of the parrots on the walls. I spent moments in the hammock outside our room listen to all the sounds, perfect.
As it was our anniversary, our guide told the kitchen staff and we were presented with our own special cake. Food was delicious and we had a variety of choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selva Verde is more than a lodge and more than a rainforest reserve. It is your gateway into a magical world of towering Almendro trees, Mantled Howler Monkeys, and Keel Billed Toucans. Immerse yourself in tropical nature as you hike through deep green forest or reflect quietly in a comfortable hammock. Discover something new as you encounter Selva Verde's amazing wildlife and vibrant people. Rekindle your sense of wonder and experience the out-of-the-ordinary. Experience Selva Verde! Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde provides easy access to the wonders of the rainforest. For over 30 years, we have been a haven for nature enthusiasts from around the world. Our abundant biodiversity, comfortable rainforest lodge, and exciting activities are ideal for adventure seekers, bird and wildlife watchers, students, and families. Come explore Selva Verde's 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature in the heart of Costa Rica's Sarapiqui Canton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Selva Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selva Verde Hotel Sarapiqui
- Selva Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui