“Good Dining in Cahuita!”
Review of Cocorico

Cocorico
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Cahuita
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Quaint cafe on the main drag of Cahuita. Well run by a local. Clean, no bugs, didnt get sick! I had a delicious pesto pasta. My sister had amazing mushroom ravioli. They show movies here some nights with a big projector. Great drinks. They only take cash. Overall great place we really enjoyed and would go back. Good prices. I have heard their pizza is great. The pasta we had was very good. definite must try if you are in the area!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Needed a little slice of home (Canada) after a few days and this restaurant provided just that. Excellent limonade (local lemon and lime!) and pizza and their home made pasta was good too.

They also provide a movie later in the night, but we could not stay long enough to see it.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Really good food. If you like fish it's FRESH. Good bar and good service. Fantastic place to just pull up a chair and watch the beach.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I went to Cocorico twice during my two night stay in Cahuita. While I found the other restaurants a bit disappointing, Cocorico lived up to its name! The first night, I had pizza and it was divine. Many times I find pizza to be so-so in Costa Rica. They often use the famous "squeaky cheese" but this stuff was as Italian as it gets in Costa Rica. I also had the Guanabana fresco which was frothy and delicious!

The next night, we went to another restaurant and I found myself wishing we had gone back to Cocorico! We ended up there for dessert. I had the chocolate and macadamia ice cream. Quite an indulgence!

I think it's cool that the restaurants show movies and encourage customers to take it easy. Our service was nothing but fantastic. Some of the movie scenes were a little graphic and less than appetizing but for the food, I can definitely deal!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

The waiter is very professional, speaks several languages, and makes you feel welcome without hovering about the table. The raviolis are some of the best I have ever had. They are homemade and made fresh daily. The pizza was also very authentic Italian. The mixed drinks are refreshing and during happy hour you get 2 for 1. We ate here several times during our 10 day stay. Oh and they have a really nice projector which they show movies and TV shows on.