“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Everything was incredible, but it was a bit pricey, as is food in general in Cahuita.

I would recommend ordering a seafood dish. Also, the desserts are very tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went there for a nice family dinner - 2 of us had the Fish in Carribean Sauce, 1 Marco`s Spaghetti with mixed Seafood and one the fish of the day ( Red Snapper). The fish was excellent - fresh and well spiced. Not to forget the "Entrada" ( Appetizer) - Avocado Salad and Swordfish Capacio. It is not the cheapest option in town BUT you should at least treat yourself once.
It is a great location right at the beach and they have a couple of seats outside - especially great for a romantic dinner.
Also, I left my purse there and they even drove around the guesthouses and hotels close to the restaurant to find the owner.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We rode bikes from town to celebrate my partner's 40th birthday. We read that this had great Italian seafood.
The food was great, each dish covered in the freshest basil. We had apps and each got different dishes. We could not decide which tasted better. This is a great restaurant to share our celebration!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We visited Sobre Las Olas as it was close to our lodging. We got there at sunset and the views are amazing. We sat outside and enjoyed the ocean. They have a hammock hanging over the beach which we couldn't resist a swing or two in. I had the Arroz con Pollo and while it was tasty, the meal was expensive. 4 of us ate, one child had noodles with butter from the childrens menu and I shared the chicken and rice with my friend. The other of us had a steak. The meal was $78USD. I thought that was pretty expensive for what we ordered. I don't think I would go back for dinner, but I would for drinks and the view!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We learned that nearly all fish is caught in the pacific, frozen, and brought to the atlantic, except for here. Though a little pricey, the owner catches his fish every morning (except Tuesday). And, the beach front seating is amazing!