Atlantida Lodge
US$62
  • Free Internet
US$116
US$107
Le Colibri Rouge - El Colibri Rojo(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$61
US$100
  • Breakfast included
US$81
All reviewsceiling fanswim lapsmanager stevecosta ricano air contwo double bedsred eyesnational parkwalk in showercahuita areadecent sizebooked this hotelminute walk into townthe black sand beachtree frogsrecommend this place to anyoneenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

A short and easy walk from the mellow town of Cahuita, this is a perfect little hideaway with superb rooms that offer plenty of space, large clean bathrooms and private porches with a hammock. This is perfect for watching the amazing birds and lush plant life that keeps you feeling shrouded in sexy privacy.
Front desk workers are helpful and polite. Plus you are literally steps away from a pristine beach perfect for swimming and complete relaxation. Pura Vida!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My assistant and I stayed at the Atlantida Lodge for 3 days last week. The rooms were clean and staff pretty much left you alone to your own devices. Unbelievable flora around the bungalows and very sexy private pool. Located across the street from the beach and walking distance to Cahuita center this is a great spot for anyone who wants to relax and get away from it all for a day or a month.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janna k
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this place for one night with a group of university mates. While the landscaping is amazingly beautiful, the rooms and sanitation were deplorable. First, we had filthy bed linens that were so bad we had to alert the office staff in the middle of the night. Secondly, our breakfast came with hair in the food and maggots in the dairy creamer, which was served with our coffee. The staff didn't seem bothered by it and never once gave us an apology or explanation. The shower head in one of our rooms was completely snapped off, and no one even bothered to alert us about it before we entered the room. Stay away from this place. It's filthy and unsanitary!

My group and I tried to get a resolution to this problem. But the staff, in a very dismissive way, offered to replace our breakfast. We turned it down and opted to leave the facility. No manager or person of authority came to address the situation. I left completely disgusted, vowing never to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelly B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Mixed reviews from me and friends staying at the same time - I really liked this place, my room was clean and big, had a comfy bed, and I liked that the lodge was slightly scruffy in a nice unpretentious way and the staff competent, friendly and relaxed. A good bar, big pool, and right over a quiet road from the dramatic and empty playa negra where you could swim and watch a lovely sunrise, or use the outdoor gym if you like that sort of thing! That said, my friends said their rooms were dirty, and most had shower issues, unlike me. It did bother me that the walls were very thin, and that I could hear dog noise at night, but it was lovely to have so much vegetation and wildlife right there, and felt pretty local. We didn't see the area much so I can't say whether there were nicer places around or better beaches, but for laid back night or two with a bit of soul, it seemed good to me.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I liked the location of the hotel, and the pool was nice enough, but the cleanliness of the room had me cringing. When I checked into the room there were hairs on the pillow case and under the sheets, which tells me that the sheets weren't changed, and certainly weren't washed after the last guest departed. Ew.

There were dead bugs on the window sill and in the shower, and while I understand that bugs can die in the room after cleaning, I don't think that quantity of bugs all somehow died after the maid was through. Made the envelope on the nightstand suggesting that the maid be tipped somewhat galling, given the shabby state of the room.

Was staying with a group, and was only staying one night. Had I been on my own, I would not have booked this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends