Jenny's Cabinas
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cahuita
See available hotels
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewstoaster ovencoffee makerwater dispenserroom upstairscomfy bedshort walknational parkcosta ricabalconywavesoceanrefrigcabinasshorelinesoundaccommodationstown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Here you will sleep with the sound of the ocean. I stayed uptstairs. I felt safe and peaceful. This was a truly beautiful place.
The only thing that I would like to object is that Jenny's dog and her "friend" would not let back in in the night and inspite of the fact that I knew the dog for two days she refused to grant me access and her "friend" bit me. It is a very uncomfortable experience since it is night, no one is there to help you and you cannot get into your room. I finally took all my courage together and made my way through to my room, but I was bitten. Jenny refused to comment about it next morning. No apologize :-( this was the only bitter moment. However, I would perhaps stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Took a backpacking trip to the Caribe and Bocas del Toro in early October. Had been to Puerto Viejo but never Cahuita. We walked from the bus station to the water, engaged Jenny in conversation, viewed a second floor room and we were set. Two nights in paradise, how I love Cahuita, great vibe, walkable, friendly and safe. The park is only a few blocks away and we enjoyed the day there. After two nights in Bocas we decided to cut it short there and return for one more night at Jenny's, our room was waiting. No mosquitos while we were there, only a pleasant breeze and the sound of the ocean to lull us to sleep.
Love it, great value for the location and room. The coffeemaker was a real plus, as was the refrig.
Thanks Jenny, we'll be back!

Room Tip: splurge and get a second floor room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ed4_vida_rica
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I visited Cabinas Jenny and took photos while researching monthly rentals in Cahuita.

Jenny’s hotel is one of only a handful right on the ocean in Cahuita and is steps away from the white-sand beach, Cahuita National Park. Because of its location on the ocean, you will not hear the noise of the town itself, located steps away (the supermarket, restaurants, bank, bus station, etc.).

Jenny is a congenial Canadian who has been in Cahuita 30 years and charges a fair price for clean, safe rooms with a view you’d pay hundreds for elsewhere.

Room Tip: I'd pay the extra $5 for the upstairs room at that stunning, panorama ocean-view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SocklessJ
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed at Jenny's Cabinas for 2 nights in an upstairs room. The sound of the ocean outside my room was incredible. The mosquitoes were a challenge but everywhere in town has the same issue for the most part. There were nets you can use right above the bed and were in OK usable condition. I also used bug repellant beginning at dusk. Rooms were in good condition..nothing fancy but everything worked fine for me. I had no problem with the toilet or shower. Overall, where else are you going to get a clean breezy beach front room(for 1-2people) with a nice balcony , 5 minutes walk for a national park for $30??? Jenny was sick while I was there and did not interact with her very much. She has a pit bull, and he is a BIG teddy bear although he does have a tendency to bark at times.....

Room Tip: stay in the 2nd story rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dwingo
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

For $10 a night where it was situated we thought it a great deal. Until we used the toilet that was smelly and didn't flush properly, the bathroom was full of mosquitos (even when we killed some they seemed to keep coming, maybe they were nesting in there), and noticed no screens on the windows (only window slates). So when we went to bed and unraveled the mosquito net there were holes in it, one large hole was cover with bandaids! We had to spray ourselves with 'bug off' before bed. The bed felt dirty too.

There were rooms upstairs for $35, maybe they are a lot nicer.

The sound of waves crashing was the nicest thing about this place, and the national park is only 5 mins walk away, and is stunning! Take your bathers for a swim on a secluded stretch of beach....

Overall, If you don't mind having to constantly kill mosquitos then this place would be ok.

• Stayed: April 2013