“A Beautiful View and Wonderful Staff!”
Review of Hotel Playa Bonita

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Limon
Hotel Playa Bonita
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Puerto Limon
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have stayed at Hotel Playa Bonita on our Costa Rica vacation for the past three years. The rooms in the newer section overlook the ocean and have beautiful views! The room itself is more than adequate, with a good air conditioning unit when you need it, plus the windows open for a nice ocean breeze. The lovely Cocori Restaurant is so welcoming! The food is quite good, my favorite is the Coco Flan! Everyone on the waitstaff is so nice, as are all of the hotel employees. Andres, the manager goes out of his way to be helpful to your every need! The craggy rocks at the edge of the beach are right in front of you, so you must walk 5 minutes down the road to get to the area where you can actually walk on the beachfront and lay out in the sun or watch the brave young surfers. It's easy, and there is another good restaurant there, Quimbamba. We have a good friend from Limon that helps us with our travel and tour plans, Reymond Smith. Lots of fun nature activities in the area, like a trip on the Tortuguero Canals, or just go into downtown Limon to the Mercado Muncipal and Parque Vargas for the afternoon, or lunch at Black Star Line. The hotel will call you a cab. Remember that Playa Bonita is "the beautiful beach." Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask to look at different rooms. The newer section is much nicer with great ocean views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MagicChicago
There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Bonita

Reviewed 10 April 2013

First to all I have Movistar and I got no signal at all in any area of the hotel. My partner has kolbi and He has no problem.

The Internet didn't reach the room which I stay I only got signal in the restaurant. At 11:00 pm the shut down all the lights so I had to go :/

The food in the restaurant is regular I asked for a liquor and they served in the bottle of another one. I prefer that they told me that don't have any.

The Roms are very small I didn't have anything to put my clothes. Also no safe or a cabinet at all. The shower only have soap nothing for the hair :/ the air conditioning was ok no noisy at all and the tv was way to high I just can't watch It like that.

Finally the pool is way too small and very close to the restaurant I didn't like it!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I spent only one night at Hotel Playa Bonita after driving from the Pacific. My objective was to surf Playa Bonita's rights and for that the hotel was the best location. I could see the break from my room window. One thing that bothered me, however, was the fact that two days prior to my arrival I tried to make a reservation with no success, as the reception would just drop my calls once I started saying I wanted to make one. Rooms are alright, and there is a parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gutobrasil
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The hotel iteslf reminded me of a motel, the rooms are clean, large but sparsely furnished, unfortunatley the lighting is greenish and horrible.

The bathroom was functional but no hairdryer. Internet was free but signal stgrength was not very good, be careful to pick one of the table on the restaurant terrace where Internet works!

All in all I had a good night's sleep, after a very good meal in the restaurant overlooking the ocean, accompanied by cool local beers and a good glass of red wine ...

Room Tip: Check out the WiFi signal and ask for a different room if it is not good, right after check-in!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank rneugebauer
HotelPlayaBonita, Manager at Hotel Playa Bonita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider them in a prompt time. See you in your next visit in puerto limón

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Traveled with my 2 children and my niece and stayed here for a couple of nights. Location is key! The room with the beautiful ocean view was very relaxing...Comfortable room, spacious for our number of people. Nice, clean bathroom with hot water, which my kids very much appreciated. Excellent food and friendly staff. Loved my caribbean selection which I miss so much, but also great meats and seafood. Again, kids friendly menu too! The view from the restaurant is unbeatable. Very happy overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AChang91790
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed in the hotel for two nights on our trip, we has an excelent experience the staff was really friendly and helpfull, its a child friendly hotel. The view is amazing and relaxing and so is the food and reasonable price also.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed there just for a single night, because we wanted to enjoy the nice baech and to be near to the boat to tortuguero.
After checking several rooms in the hotel we choice a room for 80$ a night, because the cheaper rooms were very poor furnished, very uncomfortably and the rooms were also smelly.
The Breakfast was average, because it was quiet flavorless.
Price/Value is poor in comparison what you get normally for 80$ a night in costa rica.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
La Casa de las Flores Hotel
Hotel La Diosa
Hotel La Diosa
#6 of 12 in Cahuita

Been to Hotel Playa Bonita? Share your experiences!