This hotel is lovely when you first walk in with all the jungle around it, we got a private room for $30 a night if we paid cash before 9pm, otherwise if you paid with a card it would have been $35. The room was nice but a bit dark as the jungle offers no light through. We had a hammock outside our room. The bathroom was clean, it had an electric shower with hot water. The room was cleaned daily. The staff were friendly one minute, but then rude the next. There is a communal kitchen. Close to great cafe Bread and Chocolate. We hired bikes for $5 each a day which was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Guarana is a small hotel full of owners charm. We have 12 rooms individually uniquely decorated. We are situated in one of the most quiet and central streets in Puerto Viejo, 200 m. Only steps to beach and restaurants. The hotel is safe, private and set in a lush tropical garden of flowers and fauna. Services include; Wireless, Laundry, safe in room. English, German, Spanish, French & Italian spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guarana Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Guarana Costa Rica/Limon