Cabinas Punta Uva
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$77
US$221
US$154
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$111
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$129
US$125
Orbitz.com
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor kitchenhot and cold waterpunta uvabeautiful beachthe ownercook your own mealshowler monkeyswatch the sunrisecosta ricapiece of paradisefantastic staylaid backwonderful hostsbike ridethree nightsclamsdomingo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Yo con mi familia, estubo en cabinas Punta Uva y tenia muy bueno tiempo, excelente servicio, habitacion, baño con cosina esta muy limpio, leer un poste anterior y pruebe econtrar un raton y no se puede:)! La Playa nosotros le gustamos mucho, eso primero ves que fuimos al Caribian costa y playa Uva le gusta mas que otros - limpio, agua transparente, arena amarillo, muy buena vista, cabinas muy cerco de la playa! Quiero desir mucho gracias al señor Alejandro y señor Domingo por muy bueno tiempo y ellos ayuda! Cuando vamos al proxima ves, sabemos a donde acostamos!
Denis, Olga y Andrey
I and my famaly been at cabinas Punta Uva and had very good time! Excelent service, room bathroom and kitchen are very clean, we saw last post about rat and try find it, but can not:)
We like this beach so much and more than another - very clean, transperent water, yellow sand, perfect view, hostel very closed from the beach! I want say thank you so much for Alejandro and Domingo for their help and perfect time that we had! When we decided next time come at the beach, we know where we will stap!!!
Denis, Olga y Andrey
Я и моя семья остановились в кабинах Punta Uva и провели очень хорошо время! Отличный сервис, комната, туалет и кухня очень чистые, мы прочитали предыдущий отзыв и попытались найти крысу, но так и не нашли ;) Этот пляж нам понравился больше чем другие - чистый, прозрачная вода, желтый песок и райский вид! Мы хотим сказать огромное спасибо Алехандро и Доминго за их помощь и прекрасно проведенное время, когда мы в следующий раз поедем на Карибы мы знаем где остановимся!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OlgayDenis
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This place is a little paradise, it´s so peaceful and beutiful. The bungalows are great, with big verandas where we spent a lot of time as we had a lot of rain. There is a very good and clean outdoor kitchen where it´s nice to hang around as well. The dogs of the hotel are big but friendly, one of them followed us on our long beach walks. There are a few restaurants and a little shop within 5 minutes walking distance. A lot more restaurants and a better supermarket are by the next beach, a 15-minutes walk. The young spanish people running the hotel are friendly enough but didn´t seem to have much experience from running a hotel. The bungalows were not cleaned during our 5-day stay which puts down the grades one step.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We arrived at Cabinas Punta Uva planning to stay for 6 nights, however after 2 days we moved. The bedroom area was tastefully decorated and had a nice Japanese flavour. The bathroom had obviously not been cleaned (former resident hair in the sink and a soap wrapper in the window) and there was a horrible rusty smell coming from the water. The faucets were extremely old and the bathroom stall was mouldy including the shower curtain. The communal kitchen was not functional. The coffee maker didn't work, the 2 toasters were not working right, and 2 of the 3 burners on the propane stove kept collapsing. When we asked Mark to store my extra wallet and important travel documents, we discovered them sitting the next day on a pile of towels behind the reception desk. The best thing about this place was the 2 dogs Maki and Luna. I don't think they cared less whether or not we were there. It was obviously the place was run down. I don't recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerri H
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Cabinas Punta Uva was not at all what we expected. We first found out that the web site pictures are from an earlier time when the place was newer, fresher and not run down. We had requested an extra bed in our room so Guillium and Helena brought a mattress to our room and put it on the floor with a sheet on it.....REALLY!! Did they really expect me to sleep on the floor, the rooms were damp and musty, not an environment to put a mattress. Our bathroom door did not close nor did the door knob work. The bathroom taps leaked water everytime we turned it on, and the bathroom shower head broke as soon as we turned it on from the water pressure. The hand held support unit broke in two and the shower head fell to the floor cracking apart. We showered at the other cabin our friends had rented, their shower was also moldy and falling apart. These rooms were in great need of major maintenance.

This was our 4th trip to Costa Rica, we have traveled the entire country staying a few days at each location and moving on. We are simple travelers and have stayed in some low income establishments but there seemed to be no excuse for this place to be run down. The care takers seemed to be too busy enjoying themselves instead of maintaining the resort. Guillium was often off in town with the jeep and Helena was off swimming in the ocean.

The communal kitchen is very close to the ocean so we found the pots and pans to be in rough shape and in need of replacement as the salt air must have a great impact on them. We ate at a near by restaurant.

Our rooms had an odour in them resembling diesel fuel. I think it was from the staging process they used to seal the wood. Our friend touring with us has asthma and could not breath in the room. We only stayed one night and had to move on. We found a nice resort down the road with a pool for $85 a night.

We don't need alot when we travel, we just want to be comfortable. But I don't understand how so many travelers can rave so much about this place. It really was not at all what we expected. The location was superb but the resort is in need of a major overhaul.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank lovestotravelwithhim
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Before going to Cabinas Punta Uva, I read every single review I could find. Good and bad, I reviewed them all. For the bad or mediocre reviews, let me just say...Rain Forest! My husband and I spent 6 beautiful days, having just returned hours ago to our home in NC. Helena and Guillam are wonderful, I could not ask for more acomodating hosts. Helena greeted us with a hug. When I got chilly at night they brought me another blanket. When my nail polish chipped, Helena loaned me her acetone. It is the little niceties that we seem to forget when traveling. To us, the little things made all the difference. We slept each night with the sound of the ocean and the forest creatures lulling us to sleep. It was the best sleep we've had in ages. It is a simple property, not a hotel. The shared kitchen was fine. We had plenty of privacy and simply got to disconnect from our busy lives. Guillam and Helena are always available to help you figure out how to navigate, where to go, how to get there, etc. They rent bikes, have beach gear for use, etc. The dogs were a special treat. Being an animal lover, having Nona, Luna and Argus there made us feel at home and welcome. Guillam pointing out the sloths in the trees was above and beyond. I cannot say enough nice things about the people or the place. Again, I say that if you are looking for a place to be served, catered to and are not into nature, choose an actual hotel on the other side of the island. This is much like luxury camping. You have a clean room with a bathroom and hot water in the shower, a comfortable bed with mosquito net if needed, a refrigerator and kitchen to cook in and right on the ocean. You just can not ask for more. I recommend a taxi into Puerto Viejo unless you are really physically fit. Using the bikes for the store on the right is fine, they have a better selection anyway. Stay away from the store on the left as the owner has ill behaved dogs who come and go in and out of the store at will. They lunge and snap at you like they are going to bite. The beach is gorgeous, but only good for snorkeling one or two months out of the year. Selvins is next door basically and the food is outstanding and at a good price. Thank you Helena and Guillam for one of the best trips we have ever been on. We wish you every good thing that life has to offer.

Room Tip: When they say two to a room, they mean it. The rooms are perfect for two people but three or four people and you just can not move.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple