Great location on one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen. Paradise. If you are going just for the beach, stay here. The rooms were pretty good, large bedrooms with bureau and nightstands. Bathrooms were fairly disappointing. Lack of water pressure, and often lost water altogether. That being said, we found times throughout the day to shower. We never went without water for too long.
The three that run the place, Javier, Magda and the Boss (don't know his name), were really great. A little far out there, but helpful nonetheless. Javier took me and my wife bodyboarding for free, which was pretty cool. The Boss gave us a ride in and out of town one night when we wanted dinner, which was great. Magda was quiet but nice.
The kitchen is a great aspect of these cabinas as well. We cooked here every day for 5 days, and it was fine. A huge open air kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal, so we were happy.
As for the minor exceptions:
1) It wasn't close to anything, really. A grocery store was a 10 minute walk, a restaurant was 10 minutes as well. It is not close to Puerto Viejo at all! We are big walkers, but this one is crazy. Would have taken us a 1.5 hrs, minimum! Probably more in the scorching heat.
2) The rooms only have a ceiling fan, and it is HOTT there! I was dying most nights. Thank God they are close to the ocean.
3) You need to ask the hosts for things such as: change of towel, or bedspread. They are happy to help you, but they don't really think to go out of their way for stuff like towels.
All in all, it's a pretty cool place. VERY chill, so if you aren't in the mood to relax and take a break from your travels, then don't come here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic cabinas in a beautiful JUNGLE surroundings. On front of Caribbean Sea. Jungle with ocean view. Room with double beds and private bathroom. We offer, relax, jungle and sea. Do you need more? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cabinas Punta Uva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Punta Uva Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cabinas Punta Uva Costa Rica/Limon