I read reviews about the manager (owner?) being somewhat gruff, but figured I would try it anyway. When I first walked up to the window, not knowing where the desk was, he tried to ignore me and then I got his attention just motioned to a door and said "in there". Later, when I asked someone for a taxi, they told him to call and he did, but didn't even say a word to me after he hung up. Everyone stayed in the kitchen and laughed and talked and totally ignored me, even when I stood in front of them looking at them. When I first arrived about 2:45, my room wasn't ready. The lady yelled at someone to clean it and had me wait in the dining area (at least she did get me a coke). About 45 minutes later, I walked over to find my room ready to go, but I guess had I not gone to look I would have sat there all night because they didn't care to inform me it was ready. I got to my room, which was not too bad, a big bed and a bunk, but there were 3 windows, one of which was nailed open with no screen or grate. I have no problem with a fan and open windows when I am there, but I am supposed to leave all my stuff where someone can just hop right in and get it? Why even put a lock on the door? The safe was barely big enough to hold my camera, but my laptop would not even come close to fitting. On a positive note, the room was big and the shower was fantastic, and the shower was clean, although there was solid mildew on the painted parts of the bathroom walls. I took a quick shower, packed my things back up, and left. When I checked out, I simply told him to cancel my second night, keep my money for the first night, and we would call it even. It wasn't worth the 60 bucks to even try and argue with him. Sad, because it is such a good location and has such great potential, is a great looking place from the outside, but just a run down "I don't want you here feeling".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Island hotel is in front of the beautiful Playa Cocles and near the forest, with capacity for 45 people in 11 fully equipped rooms as well as tours and restaurant service to make your stay in the Caribbean Paradise unforgettable. Paradise Island has room for all kinds of groups, 10 are standard rooms with A /C, satellite TV and amenities. We also have an apartment equipped with kitchen, refrigerator, sofa bed, a small balcony and table, special for families or groups of friends of more than 4 people. All rooms and the hotel includes: -WIFI -Terraces Or balconies -Hammocks or rocking chairs -Book exchange -The Rooms have air conditioning -the showers have hot water -Service Breakfast a la carte (or bed) -Parking -Security 24/7 -Towels And sheets -Information of tours in the area -Swimming pool Additional services: -Beach lifeguard in Cocles -Rent of bicycles and snorkeling equipment -We spoke English and Spanish -Restaurant service * Children under 7 years free lodging * Children under 12 pay half Reception is open from 7am to 9pm Restaurant is open from 7:30am to 2pm There is no restriction of age for children Pets are allowed in our hotel with previous request by mail or telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Paradise Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Isla Puerto Viejo
- Paradise Island Lodge Costa Rica/Limon