We have stayed at La Isla several times and always return. This time we stayed for two weeks and were not disappointed. As a matter of fact, we were pleased to find the only thing we thought the place was lacking - a swimming pool has been added!
If you're looking for a posh resort -- don't bother with any of the hotels on the Caribbean side. Go to the Pacific side where lots of huge, overpriced resorts exist. But if you're looking for a tranquil piece of paradise, this is your place! La Isla is perfectly located within walking distance of Puerto Viejo, but far enough away from the town to be quiet. There is a great restaurant at the hotel, or walk two doors down for pizza and italian at Totem.
The inn is rustic - constructed of natural woods. All of the furniture is hand made. The beds are comfortable. The cleaning staff is amazing - you won't find a cleaner hotel. Keep in mind this is a tropical climate - if you want cool comfort spring the extra cash for A/C. I have read a couple of posts about the plumbing... it is true the water pressure is probably the only thing in this hotel that is a bit lacking. But it is the same everywhere in Puerto Viejo. The area is not well-developed -- exactly what makes it so wonderful.
The staff is exceptional. The owners, Petra and Jose, are friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make your vacation relaxing. This is also a very secure hotel with security 24/7. And the beach in front of the hotel is the only one with a lifeguard on duty.
If you want a peaceful, relaxing place for a beach vacation - this is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Island hotel is in front of the beautiful Playa Cocles and near the forest, with capacity for 45 people in 11 fully equipped rooms as well as tours and restaurant service to make your stay in the Caribbean Paradise unforgettable. Paradise Island has room for all kinds of groups, 10 are standard rooms with A /C, satellite TV and amenities. We also have an apartment equipped with kitchen, refrigerator, sofa bed, a small balcony and table, special for families or groups of friends of more than 4 people. All rooms and the hotel includes: -WIFI -Terraces Or balconies -Hammocks or rocking chairs -Book exchange -The Rooms have air conditioning -the showers have hot water -Service Breakfast a la carte (or bed) -Parking -Security 24/7 -Towels And sheets -Information of tours in the area -Swimming pool Additional services: -Beach lifeguard in Cocles -Rent of bicycles and snorkeling equipment -We spoke English and Spanish -Restaurant service * Children under 7 years free lodging * Children under 12 pay half Reception is open from 7am to 9pm Restaurant is open from 7:30am to 2pm There is no restriction of age for children Pets are allowed in our hotel with previous request by mail or telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Paradise Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Isla Puerto Viejo
- Paradise Island Lodge Costa Rica/Limon