“Absolutely a gem in the jungle”
Review of Jungle Love Cafe - CLOSED

Jungle Love Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small family run restaurant that is located below our home. Our food is a fusion style of flavors that we love and hope you will too. We try to have a little something for everyone. Everything is homemade and we use almost all locally sourced ingredients. When you come to eat at Jungle Love you are eating in our home....We hope you feel welcome and at ease. And we can't wait to meet you. :)P
Reviewed 11 February 2012

On one of the last evenings, I was in Puerto Viejo, I decided to venture out for dinner alone. Jungle Love is a bit of a distance from where I was staying, but the taxi driver knew exactly where it was.
Yamu, was taking care of the front of the house as his wife was out of town. Within a couple of minutes of anyone arriving, he introduced himself, found out where they were from and their names.
Highly recommend the Tuna and the Key Lime Souffle.
Yamu made sure I made it to the taxi when they came back to pick me up, and made sure I would get back safely.
Five tables in the main area, and there is also a separate room for bigger groups (I assume). They also have a well developed website with lots of information and an idea of the menu.

1  Thank travel40girl

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Yamu, the owner, has a wonderful gift of gab (and memory for names) that makes everyone feel welcome in his restaurant. We dined there twice and were very impressed both times. We highly recommend the Tokoyo tuna with brown rice, the shrimp pasta with cream sauce, the pesto penne with chicken, and the chocolate torte with strawberries. Delicious!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Excellent food, very good attention! Perfect for couples as the restaurant sits very few people! All recipes created by the owner a very nice American from Cali! I had shrimp pasta which was excellent, and my boyfriend had the tuna, and absolute winner!!
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We had a shrimp & paw paw salad as an entree which was lovely. The salad dressing was perfect & the shrimps delicious.

My boyfriend got a pizza and I got the fish of the day (which was snapper) grilled with basil & ginger. The pizza was perfect, crunchy base & a big serve. The snapper was juicy & cooked perfectly.

The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere & we found the host friendly. Our waiter was from Hungary & was lovely.

Bill was about $45 including a few beers. Very reasonable. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Jungle Love is the place to have an outstanding meal in an intimate jungle atmosphere. The hosts are always there to give you excellent service and the food is anything but ordinary.