My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in November and both loved the place. Beautiful rooms with great staff (especially Pepo) surrounded by rainforest. Really makes you feel like you are in the middle of the forest. Plenty of wildlife even on the grounds of the hotel with monkeys, sloths and hummingbirds. 5 minute walk to the beautiful Playa Chiquita and a few nice restaurants nearby. Not really party place at all but a lovely place for rest and relaxation. Would love to be back there now! Pura Vida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Kukula Lodge is situated in Playa Chiquita/ Puerto Viejo, next to Refugio de Vida Silvestre de Gandoca-Manzanillo and Cahuita N.P.Built in 2008, La Kukula Lodge follows the principles of sustainable architecture and only plantation wood (teak) has been used in its construction. With its tropical-contemporary style, the bungalows blend naturally with the wooded surroundings: an ideal location to enjoy the flora and fauna the region has to offer. A simple path system running through the garden links each bungalow, the “rancho-bar” and the swimming pool. There are only 8 rooms available, all are very spacious and airy, with their own deck, fans, bathrooms and hot water from a hybrid solar/electric system. All rooms have fantastic views from private terraces onto the sylvan garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Kukula Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Kukula Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Kukula Lodge Costa Rica/Limon