Reading through these reviews is interesting. All in all, the bad with the good; I think they sum up this place, where we've stayed for a few days.
The owner (woman) is a little odd (and moody,) but this goes two ways. She can be perplexed, and she can be incredibly helpful.
(Why is Costa Rica filled with aging white hippies in the hospitality business? Spiritual bents; decent hearts - probably reached a certain amount of wealth in their prior lives..... ) Note: She asks people to give good reviews in TripAdvisor!
The breakfast is repetitive, but it's pretty good, and healthy. We were satisfied. Plus it's free. This isn't a restaurant with choices. (And the cabins have nice kitchens.)
The place is lovely; no doubt. One of the prettiest around. The pool nice. And yes, like all over Costa Rica, there are pet dogs who double as property guards. They warm up to guests, and can be quite companionable.
So, like small, family-run hotel type places everywhere, El Nido is a little this, and a little that. Overall, it's very pretty and comfortable, and in a fun and interesting stretch of the Costa Rican caribbean coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New! Beautiful craftsman bungalows set in tropical gardens with salt water pool and jacuzzi. Bright and Spacious bungalows with king size bed, 300+ cotton sheets, kitchen and eating bar, TV/DVD, sofa bed, hot water and AC. Warm hospitality and full service tour booking. 200 m to gorgeous Playa Chiquita beach, 3and a half miles from lively Puerto Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your El Nido Cabinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Cabinas Hotel Puerto Viejo
- El Nido Cabinas Costa Rica/Limon