Hotel Blue Conga
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$77
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$111
US$88
  • Breakfast included
US$221
US$154
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$129
US$125
Travelocity
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe ownerpuerto viejohonor systemupstairs roomwalking distance to towncocles beachsuperior roomenjoyed our stayrooms are cleannice poolbreakfast includedevery morningsan josehot watermosquito netair conditioningcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

On our first trip to Costa Rica, there will be more for sure.

We hit a lot of the country and the first stay was in Puerto Viejo at the Blue Congo. The place was great it was like we were staying in a jungle with our own private pool! The pool was for all the guests but the place is small and the pool is open all night.

The room was great a king bed with a mosquito net there weren't many bugs but knowing your under a net you sleep so soundly. We did wake early to the sounds of nature but it was really awesome then breakfast was fresh and a nice size not too big.

The owners are very nice we had such a lovely stay.

There are bikes there to rent too this was our favorite day!!

Love Puerto Viejo!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather R
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The reason for my poor rating - is two things.
1) we were placed in a room next to the office, when we asked the reception if we would be disturbed because of noise. they guaranteed us that the office is closed at 8pm. You can see where this story is going. so at 1130pm as we are trying to sleep the office is very noisy with printing and noise. When I walked into the office - I explained the situation - the person in the office was the owner - he turned to me and said - just a couple more pages, said this with a smile. This was pretty obnoxious - especially considering the circumstances.
2) the place is very overpriced. You can find rooms as nice for about 50-75% of the cost.

The one positive is that the managers of the place were great and sweet people. And tried to make up for the owner's obnoxiousness. Unfortunately it was their last days at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielkins
blueconga, Propriétaire at Hotel Blue Conga, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

You are perfectly right. I was not informed of your request of silence after 8 PM. The computer's printer was running and bothered you. I apologize and I had no intention to bother you. I am very saddened to your judgement because all the managers of the hotel have the same desire to meet your demands. However, it is normal that we will not be always the best for all. Our meeting lasted 5 minutes and that's enough to lose our place. I did not think you were angry. My smile was sincere.
Eric

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My Son and I were visiting the Caribbean side of Costa Rica and stumbled on the Blue Conga. This is a really nice place, more like a bed and breakfast than hotel, that has clean and fresh rooms, a wonderful outside dining area and beautiful grounds. I want to acknowledge the owner who personally gave me a ride to and from a clinic in Puerto Viejo. If you are in the Puerto Viejo area, keep this hotel in mind - I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a nice balcony with a table, chair and hammock on the second floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend it to anyone. We would come back and stay anytime. Most of the guests are repeat visitors, which says a lot. The location is great...about 10 minute walk to the town of Puerto Viejo or to Playa Cocles.  There are even bicycles to use if you want to go farther. Each room has it's own porch with hammock and table. The rooms are quiet spacious, comfortable, and clean. The pool is quiet nice and relaxing. Breakfast is served by the pool every morning and is a great start to the day.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I loved this place! It's a great location. Just on the outskirts of town so it's much quieter, but close enough to bike or walk. The managers really made the trip for us. I'm not sure if they're still there, but if they are than you'll love your stay! They drove us to their favorite beaches, took professional-quality photos for us, showed us animals (sloths, snakes, parrots, frogs) we would never have seen on our own. We didn't have to pay extra for any of that! They were very accommodating. The breakfast was made by scratch with local and fresh ingredients and was definitely one of the best breakfasts I've had. Super comfortable beds and hot showers! Recommended great restaurants too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends