“Great experience”

OM - Yoga, Massage, Surf, Tours & Hostel *CLOSED*
More attraction details
Owner description: OM Hostel is PERMANENTLY CLOSED! OM has changed structure and location. Please visit our new website OMatCashewHill OM no longer offers a hostel, surf or tours. We are a complete retreat and yoga teacher training center. Please no inquiries for Hostel.
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Kristin is a fantastic yoga teacher. She is very welcoming. She is an inspirational teacher, I've done different forms of yoga for the past 8 years or so and this by far has been the best class I have done, both the yin and the flow classes.
If you want to indulge yourself then she is also a brilliant massage therapist, she's trained in a number of styles, but I had the normal massage and it genuinely felt like she had magic hands. I thoroughly enjoyed every second. And would absolutely recommend it to anyone who is in the need of some tweaking!
It isn't te cheapest place in town $10 a class but for me it was totally worth the money. The cafe down stairs also does a great breakfast.
All in all I would highly recommend this establishment.

vivaelmomento, Owner at OM - Yoga, Massage, Surf, Tours & Hostel *CLOSED*, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

wow! Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed both your yoga and bodywork experiences with us here at OM. We certainly try to maintain a level of professionalism and quality in what we provide...which is precisely why most people don't mind paying $2 more per class. We feel fortunate to have such an awesome team and glad you could come and share in it with us! pura vida :)

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was extremely luck to have had the opportunity to stay and play in such a great place. My visit in Costa Rica was inspired directly after I completed a yoga teacher training program and it was so refreshing to practice in such a beautiful location with experienced, loving teachers. Don't forget to stock up downstairs with amazing chocolate after you indulge in scrumptious yogurt, coffee and sandwiches with the uber friendly staff. I can't wait to come back!

yay! SO happy you enjoyed your stay and squeezed a little bit more yoga in to your trip after YTT. Thank you for choosing OM and for taking the time to review. Pura vida & namaste.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I loved my experience in beautiful OM Yoga ! Staff is great and gorgeous location, Kirsten and Alex are truly amazing hosts and watching monkeys play in the trees while sipping my delicious morning coffee was a real treat too ! Highly recommend !!

Wow, the monkeys get some well-deserved attention in our feedback :) Thank you for taking the time to send us your positive words and vibe. We hope to see you back in the Caribe some day. pura vida!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I came a week and stayed nearly a month. A beautiful and tranquil spot away from the hustle and bustle of nearby Puerto Viejo ( but just a glorious 5 minute bike ride away from town ).
A beautifully designed building, nestled between a pretty garden and jungle out back and the stunning Playa Cocles Beach directly in front. The newly constructed open air Yoga platform on the roof is spacious, airy and clean benefiting from the sea breeze night and day.
A spacious and clean kitchen with all the utilities you need, and with just 3 gorgeous jungle cabins its nice and quiet, all fitted out with rustic furniture for your sweet dreams, the sound of the ocean rocking you to sleep.
Directly beneath is the best organic coffee and gourmet hand made chocolates in town served up by the friendly beautiful Caribeans Crew, i write this looking out to the ocean, supping on a gorgeous machiato and organic chocolates.Kristin your yoga guru and Alex your surf teacher are always happy to help but leave you alone to enjoy your holiday. Free bicycles which is very handy when the rest of the local hostels charge a fee, free bottled water which is a great saving, hot shower although i preferred the outdoor cold shower, Fans in the rooms to keep you cool, excellent wifi...seriously what more does one need. After 10 months travelling the world this is one of the highlights. Om Sweet Om indeed x

1  Thank matt m

Your response really touched our hearts! Thank you for taking the time and energy to send us over your feedback. We are happy to hear we were one of the highlights of your trip and wish you wonderful onward travels & mucho mucho pura vida.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I found out about OM Yoga on TripAdvisor before our vacation. We were staying at Totem Hotel in Cocles, which is practically next door, so I was excited to be able to take a couple morning yoga classes. My first class was with Kristin, the owner. She is an excellent yoga teacher, and a really wonderful person. I also took a very early morning class at 7am with Ro- she was delightful! Both classes were challenging, you were encouraged to work, but to take it at your own level, which I appreciated. Taking a yoga class on the open-air second floor overlooking the ocean across the road was pretty amazing!

1  Thank MagicChicago

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback and to share your pictures with us! We really enjoyed having you in class and wish you and your husband much pura vida! Sending you sunshine up north from the Caribe Sur.