My boyfriend and I were in Costa Rica this past January to celebrate my birthday and we had the pleasure of staying at Casa Mango. When we arrived we were greeted by the property manager (Valos I believe?) and given a tour of the property which immediately made us feel at home.
Accommodations were clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated in bright Caribbean style decor. My favorite part of the accommodation was the hammock on the patio which we really enjoyed after a long day at the beach.
Location was ideal - only minutes from the beach, grocery store, coffee shops and restaurants. If you're looking for a party place this is not the place to stay. It's quaint, quiet and low-key and located right in the jungle. Everything we were looking for in a vacation spot. If you're lucky you'll get to see howler monkeys right above you in the trees. Very cool!
Recommendations when staying at Casa La Selvetica:
- the Jaquar rescue Centre is a must visit.
- cocoa tour - learn all about cocoa farming and try some delicious hand crafted chocolate bars
- bike riding to Puerto Viejo - we enjoyed many beautiful bike rides into downtown Puerto Viejo. This is where you will find happening night life, great restaurants and shopping. Not to be missed.
- Ohm - chocolate bar, coffee shop and yoga centre in Cocina. Stop along the way to Puerto Viejo
- too many great vegetarian/organic restaurants to mention
We had the most amazing time and will surely be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selvatica is your home on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. Our two vacation homes, Casa Grande and Casa Mango, are located in the quaint beach settlement of Playa Chiquita, just outside of Puerto Viejo, the happening epicentre of the southern area of the Coast. We are located in the centre of the "tourist" area of the Coast, with easy access to the town of Puerto Viejo, the surfing community of Cocles, quaint Punta Uva (rated as one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica) and the fishing village of Manzanillo, entry point for the Gandoca-Manzanillo Reserve. Our homes provide comfortable accommodation immersed in the rain forest and surrounded by wildlife, yet only a few minutes walk away from a picturesque palm fringed beach, grocery store and restaurants. The setting will appeal to the more adventurous travellers who enjoy being surrounded by jungle sounds, and having the opportunity to observe amazing wildlife in its natural habitat. You will most likely watch howler monkeys in their search for food, toucans or sloths right from the comfort of your patio. Our commitment to outstanding customer service is what differentiates La Selvatica from other vacation homes in the area. We commit to provide fast, effective and honest assistance from the moment you first contact us. Our homes are self-catering, but your bilingual host (who lives two doors down) will be present at check-in, and be available daily to assist with information and recommendations about the area, bookings for activities/tours and offer detailed attention to your comfort throughout your vacation. You will have the privacy that you desire, but have the comfort of being able to speak to a dedicated host whenever needed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casas La Selvatica Costa Rica/Limon