“Great food”
Review of Pita Bonita - CLOSED

Pita Bonita
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come enjoy our Freshly Baked Pita Bread, Hummus, Falafel, Salads, Chicken Shawarma,Lamb Kebab while, sitting among the vibrant trees of the the rain forest. Enjoy a game of backgammon while, sipping Turkish coffee or just take a break from your bike ride to enjoy a fresh lemonade with mint,a cold beer or cocktail. We are located just before Punta Uva,on the main road between Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo. Take Away Orders Possible.
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across pita bonita after snorkeling and wanted a late lunch. After looking at the menu we ordered the table for two with lamb kebab and shawarma. It was a full on feast and every dish tasted lovely. A little bonus when they thought we had ordered falafel when we hadn't and gave it to us free anyway, and it was really good falafel. The pita was also first rate. A great find and it was quite nice to take a small break from rice and beans.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is the best restaurant we visited during our stay in Punta Uva in January. All of the dishes we tried were top notch, especially the hummus. The owners are the cutest little family and they are so friendly. We can´t wait to go back next year!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great Pitas and friendly owners!
The spicy chicken pitas are the best and apetizer humus and falafel with the home made spicy sauce are so tasty! Visit this place if you have a chance or take out and eat at one of the beautiful beaches!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We enjoyed lunch here numerous times on our trip to Puerto Viejo. This was definitely our favorite lunch spot! The mint lemonade is fantastic and the pita bread is the best I have ever tasted. The falafel was the true star of the show for me! We've been home from PV for a week now and already miss this place!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Catching up on an over due review of this this little jungle gem. I popped in for lunch while visiting the area late February. I'm not the most open minded with new cuisine but found the restaurant and staff great. I had the chicken schwarama - absolutely delicious. The cucumber tomato salad accompaniment was awesome as were the hand cut French fries. I really enjoyed the Turkish coffee after lunch. Was my first foray into this type of cuisine and although I found similarities to other foods I've tried it was new and enjoyable. Great setting, great proprietor. Reasonable pricing and quite memorable. I would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank Chris R