Be My Guest Cabinas
US$221
US$152
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$145
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$80
US$77
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$89
Hotels.com
Hotel Blue Conga(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel Shawandha Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$73
US$62
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
Coco Loco Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerbanana azulrent a bikepuerto viejoceiling fanfrederickfridgetownbeachesaccommodationssurfrental
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a great and affordable place to stay. The cabinas are clean, comfortable and have everything you would need in them. Fred is super super helpful and friendly and goes above and beyond for his guests. If you are concerned about your costs - talk to him and he will make your trip affordable and awesome! It is a nice location - quiet, but close enough to town (cab costs about $5 or you can rent bikes and cruise around, which most people do anyhow). It is about a 10 minute (very leisurely) bike ride to town. You can come and go as you please as you are provided with your own key to the front gate. You are close to playa negra, which is nice for swimming or relaxing and you are able to use the facilities at Banana Azul at no extra cost (the fancy expensive resort in town) as it is just down the road from the cabinas. The town itself is fantastic - I would recommend it to anybody! Go to Puerto Viejo and stay at Be My Guest! You'll be happy you did!

Room Tip: AC rooms are available, but depending on when you travel the fans work just fine!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Courtenay P
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I just left Puerto Viejo and Be My Guest Cabinas very reluctantly! We loved being in the quiet surroundings just outside of town in our very large, spacious, private and clean room! Fred and his wife, Johanna, are very welcoming and helpful for anything we needed. Fred even let us know the cheap way to do tours and where the best snorkeling was (he's right, don't bother with Cahuita!) The rooms without AC were not unbearably hot at all and quite comfortable in the night. The beds were low to the ground, a difficulty for my husband's bad knees, but we doubled up the mattress with the extra bed in the room and had no problems. In fact the beds were quite comfy! The kitchen had more than we expected and was really convenient. Our cat was allowed to stay and even he didn't want to leave, clawing his way over my shoulder and back into the room!
We loved having the mini kitchen and saving money on meals, the privacy, the quiet surroundings and being able to head right down the road to banana azul! We felt super secure in that area at all times but it was so nice at night to be able to leave the door open and not worry. The bugs were not bad and we even saw some beautiful mini toucans in the trees right outside. Fred is working hard to fix the place up even more than it offers at current and we're super excited to see what he does with the place (it's huge!) We definitely look forward to making this place our annual vacation place. Thanks so much to our new friends!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have no AC as of yet (due to the power company not putting in the lines needed to have the AC wattage or whatever it's called) but they are more private with a balcony and are not hot at all! We loved being upstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Frederick and Johanna were amazing hosts! They ensured that I was comfortable during my stay and aslo gave excellent recommendations of what to do while in town! This was my first time visiting Puerto Viejo, but certainly will not be my last!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Where can I begin?!? My husband and I stayed here in September for 4 nights. Its a Short walk to the beautiful playa negra. We saw sloths and heard monkeys at night! You can here the ocean waves all day long! We slept very well in the clean and comfy rooms. We had air at night and warm showers. Also there's an adorable and friendly kitty that lives here.

Overall we loved our stay here. It's a simple but clean kinda place. I felt very safe and never worried about my belongings. Frederick and his family live on the premise, we got to know them and loved their company.
There's a small yet clean pool, Mini fridge, basic cooking utensils, free wifi (fast) and tv. Also, Banana azul is right down the street and you can eat there as well as use there facilities.
It's very affordable and allows
You to spend more money on a nice dinner or tour. The pictures are very accurate on trip advisor. The location is further from town but we didn't mind. It was nice and quiet and we enjoyed the peaceful surroundings. We walked into town a couple times via the beach and dirt road. Takes about 20min. Or a cab is $4, not bad at all!
We have been traveling to costa
Rica for years and we will be back! Thank you Frederick!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rachel31585
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The owner is a friendly guy who could help you in virtually anything...the cabinas are basic and extremly clean for a good price. If you need something just ask, Fred and his wife are eager to give you a hand. They have two kids which is great to know if you are traveling with your own children. There is a small swimming pool in the garden. If you wanna eat well, go to Banana Azul...

Room Tip: take any of the rooms upsairs
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family