“A nice Retreat”

Be My Guest Cabinas
Reviewed 13 February 2014

we stayed at BMGC for 20 days and enjoyed our time in Puerto Veijo. The cabina was large and had all the amenities we needed. The cabina was clean and spacious with a small kitchen that we used on a regular basis. There is a small store 10 minute walk that you can get some groceries and the larger grocery store in town is another 20 minute walk. The ocean is a 5 minute walk and we were able to use the lounge chairs at Banana Azul as well as enjoy Happy hour drinks. Meals at Banana Azul were also very good. Fred and his family were very helpful in telling us of places to see and how to get there for a reasonable price. The area is beautiful and the only noise you will hear is the sound of the ocean and the birds in the area. We enjoyed daily walks and sight seeing. Thanks Fred for a great vacation spot.

Room Tip: there are four cabinas or apartments, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs. We were in the downstairs and ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I really enjoyed my overall experience at "Be My Guest Cabinas" The owner and his wife are very friendly and they try to assist you in any way possible. They explained EVERYTHING to me in great detail and being a single woman traveling along that means a lot. The rooms are very spacious and the atmosphere is ssoooo serene and its just steps away from the beach. I cannot say enough about the entire experience and I will definitely be planning my next stay there really soon.

Room Tip: It really dosen't matter what room you choose because they all have a front and side door and th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My partner and I had been to PV four years ago and fell in love with Costa Rica. We kept dreaming of moving and life kinda got in the way. We decided to return a second time and live as locals to see if we still loved it. Our initial reserved room at another guest house was a nightmare. We inquired about a back up plan and were introduced to Fred. Well thanks to his hospitality and family our vacation was a dream. We are now actively pursuing property and look forward to our continuing friendship with Fred and his familia!!! I can't recommend him more highly!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Chrlthurm
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had a lovely stay at Be My Guest Cabinas. Fred is very kind and will definitely help you save money with his great recommendations of things to do which are of little cost. There's definitely not a need to book through tour companies for your day excursions. The room was spacious and clean and resembles a small studio apartment with a very basic kitchen area. We saved quite a bit of money by eating in (there's a decent grocery store in town to get everything you need). The location is great. It's tucked away nicely in a serene spot and it's not too far from town. The access to Banana Azul was awesome! We were there everyday lounging by the beach and enjoying the happy hour specials. Overall, we had a nice stay at Be My Guest Cabinas. Thanks for the hospitality, Fred and family!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatashaOH
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at be my guest cabinas for 19 nights. i felt very comfortable right away and fred was very very helpful with everything. thank you fred!!!! :-)
i can highly recommend his cabinas, they are worth the price and fred, his wife and the kids are great!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lewis-silvana
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed for several nights at Fred's place. The rooms are huge, and our upstairs one had ceiling fans and a good floor fan (which was totally fine.) We took advantage of using our room's kitchen to save money on eating out at restaurants. Kitchen has a small fridge, double hot plate, and basic cooking ware. Shower was hot, pool was clean, and queen size platform beds were comfortable. Site is safe and secure. Wifi is decent. We were able to to laundry at his house for a reasonable price.
Best part is Fred's helpfulness with anything you need. He's a busy guy, and he has great advice on saving you money in Puerto Viejo. He seems to have a lot of connections, and he made us feel at home. He lives with his wife and 2 kids on the property.
We rented beach cruisers from the hotel nears his property (be aware that they charge tax on the final total.). Main town is about 2 km away or less, a pleasant ride... Just bring a head lamp if you ride back at night.
We were super lucky to have a chance to ride some Electric Bikes from Fred's friend's new business. Definitely ask about it. It was a lot of fun! They go up to 25mph, and the little tours go all the way out to some cool waterfalls, where you can drink cold coconuts for a dollar. We also took them out to an amazing beach past Manzanillo. Really fun way to cruise the coast!!
If you want a spacious place to relax and a really helpful owner on the premises, I highly recommend Be My Guest Cabinas!! Thanks for everything Fred!!!

Room Tip: There's only 4 rooms... Downstairs have AC, upstairs are breezy and have fans.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here in Dec 2013. The room was impecably clean, the beds were super comfey, there were screens and ample fans (we didn't need the A/C, which is available), a well stocked personal kitchen, nice large towels, super comfortable pillows, hot water in the large shower and table and chairs. The prices are more in line with a hostels, but the accomodations are like having a studio apartment.

Fred took us to two waterfalls, which must be a local secret as only a couple of locals were there. He gave us tips of things to do and reasonable places to eat, as food prices can be a bit high (loved Bread and Chocolate that was suggested). We also opted to do some cooking in our private kitchen to defray costs. The black sand beach is a 5 minute walk away.

The place is super quiet, and we had some of the best sleep ever. It's a bit away from the noise of the town, but we walked to town most days. You can rent a bike to visit the other coastal towns as well. I would suggest a bike rental.

• Stayed: December 2013