“The best host I have ever had.”

and 1 more site!
Be My Guest Cabinas
“The best host I have ever had.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It took us a little bit to find the cabinas only because I thought they were in Puerto Viejo. I was pleasantly surprised at the location and how quiet it was. Located just down from banana Azul. The beaches by be my guest were done of the best we went to (we visited cocles and punta uva as well). Fred was a very welcoming, and informing, host. If it is your first time to the area you have to stay here. You feel safe and will be given the best advice on where to go, where to eat, and how to get there. We stayed for 10 days and will likely be making another trip down soon.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My new first option for the Caribbean
I spent last week in here and it exceed my expectations. It has all you can need; the room was clean, comfortable, well equipped, with nice simple decoration, with nice furniture and quality linen. It has simple but comfortable common areas with a nice little pool, a barbeque ranch and a common living room. It is also in a great location, not in the main street but it is still close enough; it is at 10 minutes’ drive from the town and a small walk to the beach.
The service was excellent as the owner makes you feel like family and is always available and ready to help you in any way possible.
In overall this is the best budget place I have found in the Caribbean side of Costa Rica

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RebeccaSartre
Berlin
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

After booking 3 nights, we ended up staying a week in Be My Guest Cabinas.
It's very spacious, comfortable and surrounded by lush tropical trees. From the terrace and the swimming pool you can observe a bird colony and its hanging nests.
Frederick, the host, and his family are very likeable and unbelievable helpful. He will organise tours, show you how to reach the sights on your own and give you recommendations for restaurants and such. He's always smiling and an enjoyable host.
The cabinas are a 15-20 minute walk from Puerto Viejo in a very safe area.
You can use all the amenities of the Banana Azul hotel (beach club, great restaurant, free coconuts, massages at the beach...).
Very recommendable!

• Stayed March 2014
Webster, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The accomendations were great, very clean, and spacious! It was my first time traveling alone, not once was I not happy that I choose bmgc. Fred was very pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend! It's a great deal! Cindy K

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cindy6969
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my cousin for 10 days. She felt so safe there that she stayed on after I left for another 2 weeks. The location is great. A few steps to the beach and a short bike ride into town. Fred, the owner, and his family are wonderful. The rooms are clean and spacious. Fred will share all the info you need about places to eat, visit, etc. the area is absolutely beautiful . Everyone is very friendly. One complaint, the pool was not functioning when we got there but Fred was working hard to get it up and running. Although, we spent our time on the beach so it didn't matter.

• Stayed July 2013
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our cabina (apartment) was very spacious and clean, with a small fridge, a coffee maker, and a 2 burner hot plate as well as a toaster oven. All dishes, cutlery, and pots and pans are stocked in your cabina.
Frederick is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He can give you advice on pretty much anything.....from where to eat (depending on what you like), to how to travel to the tourist sights.
If you are looking for a basic, clean and secure place to lay your head each night, then definitely book at Be My Guest Cabinas!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank morevacations39
Atikokan, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

we stayed at BMGC for 20 days and enjoyed our time in Puerto Veijo. The cabina was large and had all the amenities we needed. The cabina was clean and spacious with a small kitchen that we used on a regular basis. There is a small store 10 minute walk that you can get some groceries and the larger grocery store in town is another 20 minute walk. The ocean is a 5 minute walk and we were able to use the lounge chairs at Banana Azul as well as enjoy Happy hour drinks. Meals at Banana Azul were also very good. Fred and his family were very helpful in telling us of places to see and how to get there for a reasonable price. The area is beautiful and the only noise you will hear is the sound of the ocean and the birds in the area. We enjoyed daily walks and sight seeing. Thanks Fred for a great vacation spot.

Room Tip: there are four cabinas or apartments, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs. We were in the downstairs and ha...