“Very good”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went on saturday night and we couldnt ask for more , i had one of the best soups i ever tried, the rundom was delicious and my friend had the tuna on the grill it was perfect cooked, cant wait to go back again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We went to Selvin on a Saturday evening and we were more than disappointed. I ordered a tuna steak and the waitress asked me if I wanted it medium or we'll done! I chosed medium but all I got was a tiny and thin piece of fish which was absolutely dry! The side dishes were also unsatisfactory since the patacones were chewy and not tasteful! In addition, also the papaya shake was made with too much water! When I complained the waitress did not care about it and stopped serving us! Instead another waitress took over who avoided talking to us! In summary: very bad service, poor food, too expensive and definitely not worth a visit!!!

1  Thank Nora-Travel
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I ate at Selvin's in 1992 when it had only a kitchen shack and 4 tables outside with dirt floor. There was no menu, just "chicken or fish". I had the chicken and it came as the best Caribbean chicken ever, very memorable. So when back in Punta Uva this year and someone mentioned Selvin's, I recognized the name and had to go back. Now the restaurant seats about 100 and has tiled floors. But it is still outdoors and the Caribbean chicken still to die for. Glad to see Selvin has done so well!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Food is good (family style). The fresh lobster was great, the other dishes we tried were fairly good (caribbean-style chicken, pork chop). Fresh fruit juice a little bit too diluted with water (pineapple especially).

Location is great, with a nice beach 1 minute away walking.

When it comes to service (we've been there twice, once for lunch, once for dinner), it was by far our worse experience in Costa Rica. The Grill was closed both time (which reduces the food choice by half), service was slow (we waited over 30 minutes both time), and the waitress we had both time... what to say... "if you're unhappy, change job". No smile, unpleasant attitude, really.

1  Thank Hervecuisine
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I ordered Rondon (fish soup) with Patacones and it has a very good carribean flavor. On the other hand, my husband ordered chicken casado and a little disappointed that he hardly have any chicken meat, mostly chicken bones! Well, my brod and sister in-law made a joke about his meal that he didn't order the right food....perhaps next time he will get the fish instead!