“Perfect place for a vegetarian meal in Playa Chiquita!”
Review of La Botanica Organica Cafe - CLOSED

La Botanica Organica Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vegan, vegitarian, organic, raw, organics fish and chicken
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had just ridden our bikes in the pouring rain and stopped in Cafe Botanica for lunch. They brought us small towels to dry ourselves off ! The owner, Nate , came up and starting chatting with us...he is very personable. So was the waiter, Michael !

The ginger lemonade was incredible and so was the lentil burger! It was large enough to split , and it came with a side dish also!

They have wifi also...so my niece used her smart phone for a while , we were waiting for an hour or so for the rain to stop , and it was so nice to watch all of the lush vegetation and rain all around. They welcomed us to stay as long as we wanted to! I even took a nice picture of my niece standing in front of the restaurant , with the rain coming down on her!

The natural product store is also a part of La Botanica and they have some great products and also handmade items to purchase , from the area !

You can ride your bike here, for breakfast, lunch or brunch , and then hit Playa Uva or Playa Chiquita...both beautiful beaches!

This area is my favorite in all of Costa Rica !

Reviewed 4 August 2013

If you're in the area and looking for great food/awesome service then go to La Botanica Organica. My husband and I spent a week just outside of Puerto Viejo and managed to eat at La Botanica twice, first for lunch then for breakfast, both times out of this world good They have vegan and gluten free options and everything is organic and locally grown. They also sell soaps, oils, natural medicines, and more. We had a lot of fun chatting with the owner, Nathan, and a couple of his friends. They were all extremely warm and welcoming, and even shared their kombucha with us!. Michael, who works there, is very accommodating and one of the nicest people you'll meet, as well as the girl who waited on us (wish I could remember her name). Just a great establishment all around, they put in a lot of effort and it shows.

Oh & If you have a chance ask for the "stuff", they'll know exactly what you mean, you'll be glad you asked!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family and I stayed in the PV area for three months and fell in love with this restaurant/store. The owners are the friendliest, warmest people and their food is incredible! We also bought lots of healthy, organic products from their small shop off of the restaurant and were so grateful to find they carried organic raw milk, yogurt, coconut oil, eco laundry detergent, soaps, etc. The experience we had living in this area wouldn't have been the same without this wonderful place. :)

1  Thank MelisaSchrage
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We had our lunch in this place and it was great. We arrived almost when they were closing, but sill got a delicious meal. The Caribbean plate is a must!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Here you can find some different food than rice and bean... I tried a good sandwich with avocado... it was really fresh.
The owner was really welcoming and is working on improving the place!