“Tasty Tuesdays!!”

Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Tasty Waves is more than a humble cantina in beautiful Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, it's a lifestyle. We always strive to become your "home base", giving you local advice on where to go, what sites to see and how to get the most out of your journey or vacation. Our staff is more of a family and we always want you to feel welcome in our home. For the most part it's a relaxed atmosphere but don't get me wrong, we know how to party. Tasty Tuesday has become the biggest and most anticipated party of the week and we always show you a good time, so good that we close on Wednesday to clean up the aftermath. Thursday is Trivia Night, Friday is R.E.H.A.B., Saturday is Karaoke, Sunday Funday and Monday is our Movie Night with new and classics running on our 100" projector screen. Stop in, say hi and have a shot of Guaro with us. Tasty Waves Cantina ~ Livin' the Dream
Toronto, Canada
“Tasty Tuesdays!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Always something going on! Deals on drinks, tacos, movie nights, drinking games, karaoke. The big party is on Tuesday nights for Tasty Tuesdays.. 2X1 tacos, ladies night..then party hard! On top of it all.. the staff kick @ss!
You can't go to Puerto Viejo and not go check it out. You won't be disappointed

Visited August 2014

Gresham, Oregon
“My favorite spot!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When I was in Cocles a few years ago, I fell in love with the fish tacos at Tasty Waves. I had to go back this time around for more of the homemade tortillas filled with delicious fish, as well as the best beer prices in town. And then I found myself there for karaoke. And trivia. And Tasty Tuesdays. Actually, I might have spent more time at Tasty Waves than I spent in my hostel. The people were all so welcoming that it definitely started to feel like my home away from home. If you're looking for a laid back place to have some lunch or dinner, this is your spot. If you're looking for a wild party, this is your spot on Tuesday nights. Karaoke that will have you cracking up, and even singing? This is your spot. And did I mention that you're right across the street from the beach? So many great experiences!

• Visited July 2014
Riverside, California
“Great for surfers and hodads too!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Who would have thought that this little outpost across from Playa Cocles would have such great food? Tacos were the best that I have ever eaten and given that I live in a place where Mexican food is ubiquitous, that is saying a lot. Homemade tortillas are filled with either beef, chicken, fish, veggies or shrimp. Topped with shredded cabbage and pico de gallo, they are delicious. Also available are burritos and burgers. There is seating for about 24 at tables with some benches around a pool table and a few bar stools. There are the usual libations offered as well as some tropical concoctions too. The vibe is fun and friendly. Service is prompt and amiable. We happened upon Tasty Waves on a Saturday where karaoke was the night's entertainment. The DJ played cool tunes in between the brave souls who belted out Elvis classics. Although not for young children, our preteen had a blast. One of the best value meals you will have in Puerto Viejo.

• Visited August 2014
Taunton, Massachusetts
“True Love.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The tacos at this place are like crack. If you find yourself in Puerto Viejo and you want a nice laid back lunch, stop in. If you feel like getting wild, stay a little longer and enjoy Tasty Tuedays with everyone in town. This place is everything you would ever want from a taco joint. Beachside, good people, good bartenders, good food, and cold drinks in an awesome environment. Can't wait to be back in August.

• Visited October 2013
Oregon City, Oregon
“Tasty Tuesdays are CRAZY!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We got talked into joining a few locals here after the Lazy Mon closed on us but we weren't ready to quit. We had a great time shaking our groove thang with what appeared to be EVERYONE in town under 45 haha. Seriously, yhis place was crammed to the brim!

Drinks were decently priced and service was ok given how incredibly packed it was. There were quite a few guys out front who were a bit pushy trying to sell us pot and coke but they backed off eventually. This seemed pretty par for the course in PV though so it didn't bother us.

1 Thank jessicaboedeker