First things first, Marian who works there is a lovely lady. She was kind and helpful. However this doesn't make up for our disappointment with the hotel.
1. It is far from the beach. The website indicates otherwise. It is at least 15 mins walk along a bumpy dirt track.
2. The rooms are huge, which for us meant it didn't feel cosy. However they have been tastefully done. Each with a kitchen and lounge. For some people this would be great, of course.
3. There is no safe. As it is so isolated and they've already had a robery, this is just foolish. Plus our door didn't lock properly, so it was extra bad.
4. There are a lot of bugs. This isn't the hotel's fault, but it's something to be aware of. As they're truly located in the jungle, we were bitten here more than anywhere else on our 3 week trip.
5. It's too expensive for what it is. The prices should be lower. We met people on tours, saw their rooms and heard the rates. We were definitely over-paying.
All this said, the breakfasts were great, the pool area is decent and the staff very friendly. So if they can sort out these issues and you don't mind relative isolation and you aren't hoping to be by the beach, it'd be much better.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking