The Lazy Loft
US$221
US$156
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$150
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$80
US$77
Hotel Blue Conga(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$73
US$62
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$89
Orbitz.com
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Coco Loco Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Shawandha Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsladies nighta great place to meetin towncosta ricahostelbalconysupermarket
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The location of this Hostel is the main draw we had a private room which was the same price as most of the Dorms we stayed in, our Patio doors opened up on to an Ocean facing Balcony and you could hear the Waves from our room. The Staff here were the main draw of this place however from the moment we walked in Natasha made sure we knew what was going on in town and where the best places were. The best place to party was just downstairs and the Bar staff were just as friendly and welcoming as the Hostel staff, they have amazing deals on drinks as well including 2 for one Cocktails and ladies night where lasses drink for free! We stayed for 3 days and enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe of the place so much we took a detour on our way back just to squeeze another night in here! A massive thank you to all the staff who made our stay such good fun!!!!

Room Tip: This Hostel does have a bustling lively bar downstairs so if you do want to be tucked up and out like a light by 10pm it may not be the best place to try!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gumasole
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Wish I could agree with the other reviews, but my experience here was brutal. I make a rez via email and they confirm back that all is booked. I show up only to be told that another couple wanted to stay another night so he gave them my room (umm...arent you supposed to say sorry we are all booked that night so we have no rom for you???) but says he can give me his room and he will sleep on the sofa. Since I know there is no other available accomo. tonight (Dec 31 and I tried to boo with 20 other places before I resorted to this place) i say no worries. The room was pretty gross and smelled pretty bad too, but I'm ok with sucking it up for one night. Then I find out that the bar below is having a band for their big NYE party and he mentions they will play till 2:30am. Again, i'm ok with that since it is NYE and I would probably head to bed around that time anyway. What I wasn't aware of, was that the stage was literally outside the sliding doors of this room. Massive speakers were feet away from my head. Band starts playing at 5pm and the volume is insane. They are still playing at 4am. The bass is so intense, its making the hairs stand up on my body. Finally the music stops just after 4am and i'm happy to finally get some sleep, but that wouldn't last long as the bar nearby decides to start their music again at 630am, again with the very heavy bass/techno.

Overall, a pretty crapy experience, and the guy running the place didn't seem to have much sympathy. He should have offered to give me my $$ back, but I could tell just from talking to him that would have been too much of an argument after my lack of sleep.

Anyways fellow travellers, be warned!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This place is -unbeleivable location & great beach
-best bar in town down stairs
- friendly staff & vibe
-Cheap rates
-Clean rooms

There was not good security, the bar was very very loud, and if we left anything on the kitchen shelves the staff took it, but non of this affected our stay we absolutely loved it!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

my girlfriend and i stayed here 4 nights and it was a great way to close out our 2 week backpacking adventure in costa rica... a stones throw from the beach, live calypso/reggae/world music from dinner hours till late in the evening, really fun open jam on sunday... the hosts were friendly and very knowledgable about the area and what adventures could be had there...grocery store right across the street and a huge kitchen inside with all the amenities...we had a great private room that opened up to a wrap-around balcony overlooking the bar dance floor/ performance area below...great for people watching or enjoying a meal with an amazing view and great music...this place is great for the budget backpacker as well as those up for adventure and meeting new people everyday, the locals are friendly and can help you find anything you need;)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is one of the better places ive stayed. Such a good location right on the beach, and bar just down stairs giving you great tunes to sit on the balcony and listen to, as well as some all time people watching.... Nice atmosphere and cool staff too, so despite being private rooms, a great place to meet fellow travellers.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo