Hidden Jungle Beach House
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$77
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$111
US$88
  • Breakfast included
US$221
US$154
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$129
US$125
Travelocity
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshort walkin towncosta ricaa great staylisajunglebikesanimals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This guest house quickly felt like a home away from home during my 6-night stay here. Clean and comfortable, bright sunny rooms with loads of hibiscus just outside the window. Lisa's wonderful, and she really went above and beyond to help me out when I ran into some troubles during my trip. If you want air conditioning and a swimming pools and frills this isn't the place for you, but if you want an small but pleasant inexpensive room in a wonderful location surrounded by jungle foliage and the sounds of waves crashing on the beach, I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thanks so much to the sweet review! I'm so glad you felt at home here. Traveling to a foreign country makes many people nervous, even though it is fun and exciting. My goal is to create a comfortable place where you feel relaxed and safe. I'm glad you felt that way at Hidden Jungle Beach House.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I want to start by saying this is a special place. Not only is Lisa a wonderful host, she becomes family at the end of your stay. Her house is a clean, affordable, quiet and peaceful. She offers a comfortable bed in a private room, shared bathroom/shower, full kitchen and outside patio.
She has two adorable dogs, very friendly. And the great thing is her place is just a 5min walk outside of town, so quiet but close to anything you'll need. Her place fills up fast so make sure you pre book. Very easy through paypal through her website. She also offers lots of tours, we went on the waterfall tour which was absolutely fantastic! Pura Vida!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

What a lovely review, thank you so much! I try hard to make my guests feel at home. Your review makes all my efforts worthwhile!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you want to really experience the town of Puerto Viejo, this is the place to go. Just a 5 minute walk to town and a 3 minute walk to the beach allowed for many spontaneous choices. An important issue for when you're relaxing around this guest house. The guest house management was very responsive to my particular needs.

Frankly, this was the first time I stayed in a guest house rather than a private room (hotel). But even though I'm no longer 20-30 years old, I recognize that there is a special Atmosphere created as the semi-private quarters supported a more social experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Thanks for the nice review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Hidden Jungle Beach House.

I have never stayed in a guest house either, and then suddenly one day I was running one! I am around the same age as you are and hostels are just not comfortable for me. But a guest house is different. I consider everyone here a guest in my home and I do everything I can to make them comfortable. The shared kitchen makes for lots of interesting conversations and as you said, contributes to the social aspect of your visit. This is especially nice for lone travelers. Many of my guests enjoy the local activities together and become friends.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Beautiful, colorful, airy and simple living right off of Playa Negra. It's steps away from the beach and a short walk from Puerto Viejo's shops, restaurants, and bars. My favorite thing about staying here has been the fact that it's quiet and excluded, one can be in peace and harmony with nature, just listening to the sounds of birds, waves, or the rain. The kitchen is fully-equipped, which was an important factor for me, nice dining area available to share meals with friends. There is plenty of space and hammocks to kick back with a good book or journal and just relax. I recommend this to anybody looking for an authentic, local experience, privacy, quiet, and bountiful nature! Just lovely.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

How nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Hidden Jungle Beach House. Since you are a guest who has been working online during your one month visit, I am glad to hear the place was quiet enough for you to concentrate on your work. All those noisy monkeys, birds and insects can be distracting:) At least the sloths are quiet!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

After a sleepless night spent at a hostel in town, I was looking for a place to stay that was close to the action, but where when I went bed, I wasn't scrambling for my headphones and thinking dark thoughts about my dorm mates. Lisa's little place is it.

A great little hidden spot that's less than a 5 minute walk from town, you feel completely at home. A great kitchen with everything you need to save some money cooking at home, a friendly pair of dogs, a hot shower, and a nice little clean room. What more could you ask for? A full night's sleep? Done.

Make sure to ask about weekly and monthly arrangements!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very similar, so don't worry that you're missing out.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thanks for the nice review. One of the things I love about living at Hidden Jungle Beach House is the quiet tranquility. I'm so glad you agree. We are not a party house like some of the hostels. but My guests are friendly and convivial but really appreciate peace and quiet.