“Good pizza but issue with pricing”
Review of Sabor Latino Bistro Restaurant - CLOSED

Sabor Latino Bistro Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Costa Rican, Venezuelan
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2014

On a Monday night i sat down, looked at the menu and ordered an extra large family sized pizza for takeout Enjoyed a free glass of wine from a pamphlet which a guy was handing out near the waterfront. My bill was 8800 colones which seemed quite fair. We enjoyed the pizza at home. It was very good.
We decided to have pizza from the same place on Wednesday. I dropped in at Sabor Latino and ordered the same pizza. I didn't read the menu but just ordered the same pizza. Told the owner i would be back in 15 minutes after I ran some errands. When i came back, he told me the pizza was 10,000 colones. I told him i had just paid 8'800 two days before. He showed me the pizza and i confirmed it was the same one. He then blamed the misunderstanding on his lack of ability to speak Inglesa. I asked him to adjust the bil properly, but he said no the price is 10K. I paid the bill and left. Whem i got home I noted that we still had the other pizza carton and it was the same size. No doubt i was overcharged.
I really dont mind the matter of the $3. Its just that he played the language card rather than addressing the issue in an honest manner.He obviously speaks good english as evidenced by his responses to Tripadvisor reviews
I wont be going back.

Ernesto T, Owner at Sabor Latino Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Sorry... My english is ugly... We have 4 size of pizza personal medium big and familiar ... Tha First two we Put into a médium BOX and TheTicoTimesñ big and familiar in familiar BOX...
You ask me about the biggest pizza and i give you familiar size and the price is 10000... ONE day before we give you big size for 8800... Sorry... Realy Sorry My freind

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We enjoyed eating at Sabor Latino two times during our vacation! It may not have the fanciest atmosphere but the food is wonderful, fresh and homemade. I had a local fish with Caribbean sauce and it was so good!!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Great food, attention and location. Family environment. Mr Ernesto gave us a lecture about the origins of the word Bistro. The only thing I consider they should improve is the restroom.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Can't fault the food, service or value of this place.
Simple menu but done very well. We ate here twice in 10 days

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

The rice and beans here is delicious, the attention is good as well an d the prices are confortable. Overall a nice experience