“Delicious food and very friendly owners”
Review of Sabor Latino Bistro Restaurant - CLOSED

Sabor Latino Bistro Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Costa Rican, Venezuelan
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Pontevedra, Spain
“Delicious food and very friendly owners”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very good food in an nice environment and lovely owners. we went there twice and had caribbean chicken and ceviche con platanos. try also the fruit smoothies, they are awesome too!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sarita511

Kassel, Germany
“A good place in Puerto viejo”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This restaurant is a little bit more far away from the beach and it is not so eye-catching at first sight, but fortunatly we found it! its very recommendable!!! The food is very fresh and delicios and we enjoyed especially the fruit-ice-shakes. the waitress was very friendly, good music, nice atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great good, wonderful service”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

My sister, a friend and I arrived in the evening and went to the first place we found, fortunate for us!
The pizza was excellent; thin crust, plenty of toppings and well seasoned, and the batido we ordered (we saw one served couldn't resist,) was of the best I've had in two months. I love the atmosphere, open air, kids around.
Ernesto was charming, kind and funny! He took a picture of us sharing our batido, chatted with us and was generally delightful. I will definitely go back before I leave.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank Elizabeth M
winnipeg
“Good pizza but issue with pricing”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

On a Monday night i sat down, looked at the menu and ordered an extra large family sized pizza for takeout Enjoyed a free glass of wine from a pamphlet which a guy was handing out near the waterfront. My bill was 8800 colones which seemed quite fair. We enjoyed the pizza at home. It was very good.
We decided to have pizza from the same place on Wednesday. I dropped in at Sabor Latino and ordered the same pizza. I didn't read the menu but just ordered the same pizza. Told the owner i would be back in 15 minutes after I ran some errands. When i came back, he told me the pizza was 10,000 colones. I told him i had just paid 8'800 two days before. He showed me the pizza and i confirmed it was the same one. He then blamed the misunderstanding on his lack of ability to speak Inglesa. I asked him to adjust the bil properly, but he said no the price is 10K. I paid the bill and left. Whem i got home I noted that we still had the other pizza carton and it was the same size. No doubt i was overcharged.
I really dont mind the matter of the $3. Its just that he played the language card rather than addressing the issue in an honest manner.He obviously speaks good english as evidenced by his responses to Tripadvisor reviews
I wont be going back.

Visited March 2014
Ernesto T, Owner at Sabor Latino Bistro Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Sorry... My english is ugly... We have 4 size of pizza personal medium big and familiar ... Tha First two we Put into a médium BOX and TheTicoTimesñ big and familiar in familiar BOX...
You ask me about the biggest pizza and i give you familiar size and the price is 10000... ONE day before we give you big size for 8800... Sorry... Realy Sorry My freind
Dalton, Pennsylvania
“yummy yummy”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We enjoyed eating at Sabor Latino two times during our vacation! It may not have the fanciest atmosphere but the food is wonderful, fresh and homemade. I had a local fish with Caribbean sauce and it was so good!!

Visited February 2014