I can't even begin to describe how pleased my husband and I were with Samasati. It truly was everything we'd hoped for and more! Liseth was a huge help to us even before we got there, and gave us advice and assistance with everything from transportation to even recommending hotels in San Jose for us to stay in. Being vegetarians and just environmentally conscious in general, we LOVED the fact that their restaurant offered 100% vegetarian buffets at each meal, which were probably some of the most delicious food we've ever eaten. Even meat-eaters will love this cuisine!! The individual open air bungalows were soooo nice and relaxing to hang out in, and the view from the balcony was absolutely breathtaking. In terms of activities, we did a zip line tour, which I HIGHLY recommend. I will admit that I was a bit nervous before hand, especially when the tour guides came to pick us up in their run-down jeep, but honestly that added to the adventure! Just be sure to bring water in a backpack with you, because you will need it! Another must do activity is a simple trip down into the town. We had some of the best margaritas of our lives in a little restaurant there that overlooked the water on one of the side streets. Visitors definitely need to look around and discover the hidden treasures of this place.
So really, to sum it up, this was pretty much the best, most relaxing vacation ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Perched on a magical mountain ridge overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Samasati offers guest house bungalow and casita accommodations just minutes away from the beaches of Puerto Viejo. For over 20 years we have hosted world class retreats, workshops, guest artists and travelers like you! Your stay includes delicious gourmet vegetarian buffet served in our renovated open air restaurant with breathtaking views. Also available on site are healing massage treatments, jacuzzi spa, nature trails, waterfall with natural pool, daily yoga classes and a meditation hall. Tours, excursions and beach shuttles to local attractions are arranged daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samasati Nature Retreat Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Costa Rica/Limon