I originally found Samasati two years ago via Groupon and went for 5 days of yoga/relaxation with my sister. We had a phenomenal time and I was excited to return with my daughter this time. Samasati is as beautiful and remote as I remember, the vegetarian food is delicious, the staff, especially Cecilia are friendly and helpful and Stephanie, the yoga teacher is wonderful! I've stayed in Bungalow 7 and 5, both have beautiful views. It's true that the birds/bugs/monkeys wake you up at 5:45 am and there's not much to do after 8 pm but if you want to get back to nature, unplug from civilization, and just relax there's no place better. There were a few giant scary bugs in our room but we dealt with it! Our favorite activities included renting bikes in Puerto Viejo and biking to Punta Uva and the Water Fall hike with Fernando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Perched on a magical mountain ridge overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Samasati offers guest house bungalow and casita accommodations just minutes away from the beaches of Puerto Viejo. For over 20 years we have hosted world class retreats, workshops, guest artists and travelers like you! Your stay includes delicious gourmet vegetarian buffet served in our renovated open air restaurant with breathtaking views. Also available on site are healing massage treatments, jacuzzi spa, nature trails, waterfall with natural pool, daily yoga classes and a meditation hall. Tours, excursions and beach shuttles to local attractions are arranged daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samasati Nature Retreat Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Costa Rica/Limon