From the moment we arrived in Costa Rica, our trip was enhanced by the people of Samasati. We were picked up at the airport by a driver they helped arrange. We arrived at Samasati, and found the setting to be amazing. You are truly in the jungle, and we regularly saw monkeys and toucans and hummingbirds and magical, bright butterflies, too -- all at Samasati. The food, the yoga, the massage, and the people were all incredible. This trip was "out of my comfort zone" because I'm not a fan of bugs and critters and other such things, but I never once felt unsafe or even uncomfortable. We went on several excursions and loved them all. Punta Uva beach, horseback riding on the beach, surfing lessons, Cahuita National Park, smoothies in Puerto Viejo -- all A++ activities. We are excited about returning, and are already wondering when we can next do that. It's true there isn't TV or emailing in your bungalow, but that was a wonderful part of the experience. Relaxing in a hammock & listening to the sounds of the jungle, going to bed early and waking to howler monkeys -- that is the reality, beauty, and one of the many gifts that Samasati provides. Finally, the other guests were a terrific addition to our experience. We participated on a couple of excursions with other guests, we regularly ate meals with other guests, and we will likely remain in touch with some as well. Staying at Samasati was, overall, an incredible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Perched on a magical mountain ridge overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Samasati offers guest house bungalow and casita accommodations just minutes away from the beaches of Puerto Viejo. For over 20 years we have hosted world class retreats, workshops, guest artists and travelers like you! Your stay includes delicious gourmet vegetarian buffet served in our renovated open air restaurant with breathtaking views. Also available on site are healing massage treatments, jacuzzi spa, nature trails, waterfall with natural pool, daily yoga classes and a meditation hall. Tours, excursions and beach shuttles to local attractions are arranged daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samasati Nature Retreat Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Costa Rica/Limon