If you want to unplug, recharge, and feel alive you should check this place out. I spent a week at Samasati in April and it was one of my top vacations ever. I traveled alone, but quickly met wonderful guests and staff at Samasati so I was never alone if I didn't want to be, The bungalows are simply decorated, clean, and well maintained. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed one or two yoga classes a day with Max. The jungle begins to wake up early each morning, so I was ready for the morning yoga clas each day before breakfast. The evening class (it gets dark by 7 PM) is relaxing and grounding. Each day I went on different adventures; hiking, surf lessons, trip to a cacao farm. There were also organized trips to zip lining and other destinations if you wanted to go. It is a short ride to Puerto Viejo if you want a little change of scenery, but I was happy to spend my eveings at Samasati. The food is excellent (all vegetarian). There is beer and wine available if you want it. This is truly a place to unplug. Please keep in mind that if you are looking for an air conditioned, wifi, cable tv, fancy hotel experience - this is not the place you should choose. But if you can co-exist with some bugs, are ok sleeping under a mosquito net, are ready to go without wifi, want to wake up early to the sounds of the jungle, read a book at night to fall asleep, and just want to expereince what Samasati has to offer - you shoudl go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Perched on a magical mountain ridge overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Samasati offers guest house bungalow and casita accommodations just minutes away from the beaches of Puerto Viejo. For over 20 years we have hosted world class retreats, workshops, guest artists and travelers like you! Your stay includes delicious gourmet vegetarian buffet served in our renovated open air restaurant with breathtaking views. Also available on site are healing massage treatments, jacuzzi spa, nature trails, waterfall with natural pool, daily yoga classes and a meditation hall. Tours, excursions and beach shuttles to local attractions are arranged daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samasati Nature Retreat Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary Costa Rica/Limon