Within walking distance to town, so you can enjoy some nightlife and shopping if you like, this place provides a nice relaxing, quite place to sleep, relax, and/or explore. I enjoyed the breakfast of fresh fruit and toast, the little bar, the pool, the close proximity to the beach, and all the little (jungle?) trails between the hotel and the beach teaming with interesting wildlife. I only stayed one night, but wish I could have stayed longer -- this area of Costa Rica is amazing and my experience at the hotel was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Life is at its tranquil best at Villas del Caribe. The days go something like this: You wake to the sound of bird songs and a view from your bed of silvery palms and clear blue sea. You throw open the sliding doors and take to the hammock on the balcony for a little rest, refreshed by the ocean breeze. You may now be ready to take a dip in our swimming pool and enjoy the elevated thatched Jacuzzi for a relaxing massage.Once the lure of the sea becomes too much, you wander through the landscaped gardens onto the beach path, where you face a decision between the long, deserted golden sand beach to the left or the many pristine golden sand beaches to the right.You settle for one of the shallow, sandy natural lagoons formed by the coral reef right offshore, and watch tropical fish wiggle past your toes.After a fresh water shower on your terrace, you walk over to the SeaSide Restaurant for breakfast or a snack, then you take a bike and cycle down the flat paved road past fields, forest, a few thatched bars and restaurants to Puerto Viejo for coffee or a drink, the local gossip, and some good, fresh fish at the beachfront store.You spend the afternoon alternating between the beach and the sea, the loungers on the terrace, and the hammocks on the balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villas del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Del Caribe Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Del Caribe
- Villas Del Caribe Costa Rica/Limon