Hotel La Costa de Papito
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$90
US$331
US$162
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$112
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$169
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$96
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$170
US$163
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Coco Loco Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
Hotel Shawandha Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscalypso bandindulgence spacosta ricaplaya cocleswedding partymain buildingbeautiful bungalowbeach towelsevery morningdowntown puerto viejojungle settinglaid backceiling fansan josethe entire staffbreakfast was includedrent a bike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and had one of our most enjoyable hotels stays ever. The staff (Frederick and others) wrere extremely warm and personable. The bungalows are a treasure thats unique and enchanting. The grounds are well maintained but still preserve the islands atmosphere and the owner was very engaged and interactive with guests and extremely helful with pursuing your interests or needs. He even helped us contact a local artist and mediated our purchase of his works. THANKS Eddie!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here for a whole week and our experience couldn't have been any better! The place is beautiful and the owners are the warmest, kindest people who went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful vacation. It is located right across from the beach, and an easy walk or bike ride to town. We can't wait to return here- I recommend La Costa de Papito to everyone.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My 19 year old daughter and I returned to La Costa de Papito in August for two weeks. It was our fourth visit to Costa Rica in two and a half years...you may correctly assume we LOVE this country. And, we love La Costa de Papito. We stayed here for the entire two weeks! The location is ideal...close enough to bike (or take a taxi at night) to PV for shopping, nightlife or dining. The bungalows are gorgeous, with such unique character-they are designed for relaxation. The porches, equipped with hammocks, cushioned Adirondack chairs, and built in picnic tables, lend themselves to just kicking back and listening to the sounds of the jungle. This trip, the Howler Monkeys were astoundingly loud, usually right at dawn. It is an incredible sound to wake up to. The foliage, butterflies, birds...even with lots of rain during our stay, we never felt cooped up or disappointed. I'd go over to the main building, get a steaming hot cup of delicious Costa Rican coffee, and relax on our porch. The beach is a short walk across the street. If you want to explore more secluded beaches, I strongly recommend renting bikes and riding to Punta Uva-it's just stunning. Back to La Costa de Papito-this trip, we were welcomed back so warmly by the long time staff-Kitty, Marva, Henry at the front desk; and a new employee, Coco, who was so sweet and helpful with any request. They really aim to please here. When my daughter had some stomach trouble, the kitchen made her a special request (American style grilled cheese sandwich). They are so caring and warm with their guests, you feel like part of a big wonderful family. And of course the wonderful bartender, Melvin. The on site restaurant is beautiful designed in the same stunning all-wood style as the bungalows are. The food has always been excellent, both at the expansive and generous inclusive breakfast, and at lunch and dinner. There is a new chef, an Italian (his name is escaping me right now) and the food was amazing. The best Pomodoro sauce I've ever had! This trip, in celebration of my daughter's birthday, we visited the spa, which is just beautiful. She enjoyed a relaxing mani/pedi while sipping coconut water out of a coconut. This place is truly heaven on earth and I feel confident recommending it to anyone considering visiting this part of Costa Rica.

1  Thank SharonB7
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I have to say this place is amazing!!! We loved every minute of our stay! Henry was so accommodating as we had to make a couple of changes ahead of our trip due to flight changes and such.

First the rooms. We stayed in the large bungalow. Everything was fabulous! The first night we were a little worried as we thought the singer might be disturbing as we were so close to the main bldg. But it wasn't loud at all and he didn't play late. We loved hearing the night noises from the trees. Never felt like we really needed the mosquito nets. There were a lot of ants but not many other bugs. And the bungalow was very clean!

The food. Breakfast was to die for! The made to order eggs, daily breakfast item, rice & beans and fresh fruit was a great way to start each day! We only ate lunch and dinner there once each. But both times it was good. My steak at dinner was as good as some I've had in fine restaurants in the States.

The experience. This was by far one of my most favorite vacations!! Take advantage of renting the bikes and riding to town. We did this every nite but the first. We never felt scared. But bring a flashlight of some type as its very dark along the road back later. We had them book two excursions (zip lining and snorkeling) which we loved!! They come pick you up there and bring you back! Just know that there is a minimum of 3 people by the tour company. My two friends went to the spa and both said it was the best massage they've ever had.

We had so much fun that we are already planning when we can come back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Papito had a friendly, family atmosphere with a very short walk to an amazing beach. Great service and a nice breakfast spread, too. It is just minutes away from downtown Puerto Viejo by car or a 15 minute walk. Some of the beach rentals such as chairs and boogie boards need replaced, but otherwise the resort is clean and aesthetically pleasing. I would stay there again should I return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel