Having read some of the other review we would like to say first that the food in the Restaurant was very good, we ate here 4 out of our 5 nights stay and each time had wonderful and very tasty meals served by very friendly and helpful staff. In particular Karlin (pronounced Karen) she is always smiling.
Our idea here was to Chill out in the middle of our tour of Costa Rica, and it was the perfect place and although we did chill we also found that this area has a lot to offer, We did a snorkelling/hiking trip around Cahuita National Park, this is a must do, we saw Howler Monkeys, snakes, birds and lots more on the hike and Corals and huge fish during the snorkel trip. Fresh fruit provided half way through and a nice meal in the local village at the end of the trip.
We went to the Sloth Sanctuary which has been featured on Animal Planet and Discovery channel worldwide,and is not too far from the hotel.
Our room at the hotel was well furnished and had flat screen TV if you need it and at times we were able to get the internet in the room although the reception was better at the lobby or by the pool,
The Pool was clean and has a swim up bar. The Beach is only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
all in all a very enjoyable 5 night stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort Costa Rica/Limon