This property is absolutely beautiful. Lovely, landscaped grounds. We stayed in a cabin that was very comfortable. Expect to see some bugs. You are in a hot, humid place. Pool is very nice. The breakfast buffet (included) was really good. It had the traditional favorites each day, but changed it up and added some different things with it. Lots of tropical fruit each morning. I did find it a bit frustrating that I was not able to order off the "snack" menu after 5pm. You can only order off the "dinner" menu after 5. The dinners tend to be quite expensive and pretty big...although very good. There were also some menu items that we asked for, but were not able to get the entire time. I'm not really sure why. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Anything we asked for, they were quick to provide. There was one staff member who had a bit of an attitude, which was off-putting. Perhaps she was just having a rough couple of days, but it was the only time I ran into something like that in our 22 days in the country. All in all, the staff and property were very nice and I would definitely recommend it.
The beach across the street was beautiful. Be careful crossing the street. The beach is not really safe for swimming. Pay attention to the flags and kids are ok to go in a little way. There are surfing lessons offered there. My 13 year old took lessons given by one of the life guards, for a very reasonable price. We felt safe with him and my son really enjoyed it. If you are adventurous, just take a taxi to another beach nearby. Like Punta Uva, or even the beach in the town of Puerto Viejo. They are a bit safer for swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cariblue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Hotel Costa Rica/Limon