We have just returned from a full week at Cariblue, and we absolutely loved staying here. First of all, whoever decided to build this lovely little place in the middle of the jungle was a genius. The grounds are stunning, with huge 100 foot trees all around, and lots of ferns and many, many plants all throughout. Our family of 8, my wife and I, our four kids and two grandparents were all comfortably accommodated in the jungle house and a superior bungalow.
The staff were very nice, but not overly so, like most Ticos. Never did we feel pressured into tipping, ordering, booking, or anything really. It is an incredibly relaxed place.
• The location is excellent. In the jungle, which keeps it cool with lots to look at. However Playa Cocles is across the street (which means a small road, takes about 10 seconds to cross). Puerto Viejo is a short 5 minute cycle ride, or 20 minute walk. Also very pleasant. Hotel is well located to get to all the local tours and attractions
• The hotel has all modern conveniences. A fantastic pool, which is excellent for small children. One of the best small pools our family has benefitted from. Nice restaurant. Wifi. Good breakfast buffet. TV if you like. Access to bicycles. A spa. You can charge everything to the room. Everything really.
• Staff are excellent. The cleaning staff were outstanding. Restaurant staff work very hard, and are always bustling around.
• The grounds are impeccable. Very clean, just gorgeous.
• Service was very good. All needs were taken care of.
• Breakfast was plentiful and good. Fresh eggs, pancakes. Buffet style pastries, gallo pinto, other foods, fruits were fantastic. Juice and coffee all day.
• We ate at the restaurant one night. Also good.
• Pricey for the area, but you get what you pay for.
• Pool bar was rarely staffed, very hard to get a drink. Which is frustrating. For the management, why not consider table/lounger service around the pool, I am sure guests would love it, and I am sure lots more drinks would be solved. We had to leave the pool, sopping wet, try to catch a restaurant workers eye and ask for service. Kinda pointless having a swim up bar in this case.
• We had constant issues with our safes. However, on the plus side, the staff responded immediately and always fixed the issue.
• Bikes were significantly more to rent than in town, we felt a bit gouged by that.
Overall, I would say Cariblue is fantastic, and was a big factor in possibly the best vacation we've ever taken. It is one of the fancier places in Puerto Viejo area, so expect to pay a bit more, but like I said you get what you pay for. We just loved this place and were very, very well taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort Costa Rica/Limon