Stayed 4 nights here, unfortunately prepaid. Maybe my standards are too high, but the place needs more than just a bit of love to regain some ground.
The room was clean but very basic, small and quite bomb-sheltery. The wifi did not work; there was signal, that is not the problem, but after they told me they would look into it, nothing. Well, we went in the lobby like everyone.
The gardens are very nice though. The pool was nice BUT cloudy. One afternoon, they weedwacked for hours, even with people a few meters from them. Very annoying.
We were out of water for 4-5 hours one evening and when it came back, it smelled like the pool. It was night, no water truck came ( called pipa there, you know when they are close because they are quite noisy ) and I went out to see after my shower. The staff was suspiciously working with a pump and pipes. Quite disgusting.
Restaurant is overpriced; breakfast is alright, coffee is AWFULL. To be so close to great coffee plantations, and drink such bad coffee. A shame!
Won't go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort Costa Rica/Limon